Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Songs to teach future tenses    

Songs to teach future tenses

Manuvdb 66
Italy

Songs to teach future tenses

Hi everybody!
I am teaching future tenses  ( will/ to be going to) to my teens class ( 14 ys) and they are not showing much enthusiasm!!! 
I was thinking about using songs...but I am not very good at finding out the right ones...
Can you help me ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Manu

6 Mar 2013      

alexcure
Poland

Here �s the old thread for "WILL": http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=40001

6 Mar 2013     

Lancillotta:
Italy

Hello Manu,
your students may appreciate "One way or another" (One direction http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36mCEZzzQ3o )  . You don �t find the "to be going to"  form but its American slang contraction "Gonna".
 There are both "will" and "gonna".

My students love this song and I explained them the difference between going to and "gonna".

As far as "WILL" you may use "One day / Reckoning Song"  by Asaf Avidan ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aze-363Q7kM )

Have a nice day,
Sabrina

6 Mar 2013     

rachel41
Israel

Here �s a great song with some activities linked to it! Enjoy ~ Que Sera Sera, Whatever will be will be...

6 Mar 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

I used "when I �m sixty-four" by the beatles..
(worksheet uploaded here)
I also used a speaking/writing prompt, predicting the future, which worked really well
(also uplaoded here)

6 Mar 2013     

pilarmham
Spain

My students loved "The Lazy Song" by Bruno Mars.

6 Mar 2013     

ncech
Italy

Teens probably want something recent. How about the new Robbie Williams song "This Time"?

6 Mar 2013     

Gemmahn
Spain

I am suggesting you some songs where the futture is used; "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston, "Meet Me Halfway" by the Black Eyed-Peas, "I Will Survive" by Donna Summer, "She will be loved" by Maroon 5 or "I �m Yours" by Jason Mraz
I hope this will be helpful for you

6 Mar 2013     

Manuvdb 66
Italy

Thanks for your help!
You �re great!

Manu

7 Mar 2013     

DLMCPS
United States

I was looking for answers myself and I found Blank Space by  Taylor Swift it uses the contraction of will with different pronouns. 

24 Mar 2016     

DLMCPS
United States

I also thought of another! The musical Rent has a song called "Will I?" which is sung in a round made of three questions beginning with "Will."  

Will I lose my dignity?
Will someone care?
Will I wake tomorrow from this nightmare? 

7 Apr 2016