Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Another "never ending story" : COMMENTS!!!!!    

Another "never ending story" : COMMENTS!!!!!

Mietz
Germany

I do think, that not saying "Thank you" at least is ill mannered! If you get a present, do you not say "Thank you" for that?! These worksheets here should be treated as presents, especially as often enough the creators put an incredible amount of work into making them!
Yes - constructive feedback is important. I appreciate it and I send it sometimes over the pm, if I feel it�s not necessary for the public to see that. Still - I always send at least my thanks. I find it really nice and encouraging to receive that and the fact that that is an ongoing subject on the forum shows, that a lot of other people feel the same.

24 Jan 2009     

frenchfrog
France

For me, a "Thank you" means that you acknowledge the amount of TIME I spent making my worksheets (and I spend several hours for my lessons and my games). That is all. I am not looking for "Oh, my God, you�re the best".
It is kind of sad to see that the TYR (Thank You Rate) does not exceed 20% (I sometimes get luckier, I have reached 30%, no comment).
If I had to throw a big party, I know who I would invite: members who understand what it means to work hard.

24 Jan 2009     

Koenigin der Nacht
Cyprus

Personally, I agree with Ignis.fatuus.  However, since it appears to be important for most people to be thanked :) my suggestion would be for Victor to add a "thank you button" which is also less time consuming.  At least this is what happens in most forums...

24 Jan 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I�m sorry koenigin der Nacht, but I have to disagree. A "thank you" button" is completely out of the question in my opinion. It is impersonal, you press the button automatically and that doesn�t have any meaning at all. If you say "thank you", you must mean it. If not, better not say it.

24 Jan 2009     

Lenap
Greece

What makes you think that thanking someone by pressing the appropriate button automatically means that you are not sincere? And the opposite... who guarantees that when you write "Thank you" you mean it?

Personally, I try to "Thank you" as often as I can.  Sometimes, however, I just can�t afford it because I usually sit at my computer very late at night (after 24.00 local time).

24 Jan 2009     

Apodo
Australia

I love to get comments if someone really appreciated my worksheet, but I don�t feel slighted if someone downloads without leaving a comment.

(And some worksheets are more useful or more exactly what you were looking for than others, I�m sure you�ll agree)

I don�t think we want to have a situation where people are made to feel bad if they don�t leave a comment on every sheet they download.

25 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2