Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Technical and Commercial English    

Technical and Commercial English

BRAHIM S
France

Dear lady Bird

I do have to apologise if my message was perceived as being agressive.. I did not intend to be rude

I simply felt some frustration to see a member  offering great help, with no feedback in return...
and  "aftab" is  someone who is always willing to help whenever their is a request on the forum 

By the way, Dear  Lady Bird, did you know that you are one of the very active members whose contributions and worksheets I do appreciate

Now time to have some sleep,

25 Jan 2009     

hekateros
Portugal

Hello again

Thank you so much aftab57!!
You�ve been of great help! I really appreciate it! There is so much I can work with now! As I found so much on management and business English, I felt I was leaving the Bio Resource group to the side. But now there�s plenty of material I can bring to class that is related to their course too. Thanks again Smile
When I get some work put together I will promptly share those sheets with you all!

Now to BRAHIM S!
Here I am! I posted my request on the 24th Jan and today is the 25th... Hum... Was my silence too long? Perhaps if I hadn�t log off after posting my request I�d have seen aftab57�s replies... But shame on me, I did. Perhaps because I didn�t expect such immediate responses as I thought my request was a bit "difficult".

ladybird     thank you for the support Smile I never leave an unanswered post and was pretty surprised to read BRAHIM S� reaction... I may not have been very active lately as I have only been teaching Spanish this school year... until now! I am really happy to re-start "working in English" again!

Douglas,

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I have looked at many websites to get an idea of what Technical English was all about and most of it has got to do with business. I bought some books too and downloaded others from the web. I must confess that this is a whole new experience to me and must do a lot of research in order to fullfil my students needs.

Technical English... yes it is a very broad term and at first I was not sure what I needed to do as I have two different courses in one same class... So I started searching and searching... and finally put a syllabus together aiming at both groups. I will discuss topics related to business, management, commercial writing, presentations, finance, negotitions, environmental matters, meetings, telephoning, etc.

After our first class I guess it will all be clearer to me.

Once again, thanks everyone for your help Clap

25 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2