Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > letter of promotion    

letter of promotion

Benitto
Netherlands

letter of promotion

hello dear colleagues.
I �m going to write a letter asking for promotion to my boss. could you please help me how I could make an impression on her? I really need your help.Thanks!

15 Mar 2013      

MoodyMoody
United States

First of all, good luck! We all hope you get the promotion.

When you write the letter, remember to mention what you have done for the school to earn a promotion. For example, write about how well your students did in the next grade, extra projects you took on, or extracurricular activities you supervised. Write about why your promotion is good for the school, not yourself. If you can �t think of reasons the school should promote you, maybe you need to make some reasons and ask later.

Compose your letter, and check it carefully for any mistakes. If you can, get another person with good language skills to look over it  too. One mistake might mean no promotion.

You may want to use one of the business letter templates in Word. You can adapt it easily if there are details you don �t like so well or if you don �t want it to be obvious. Use a common font such as Arial or Times New Roman. Most of the common email fonts would be just fine, but not Comic Sans or Courier New. Make sure the point size is large enough to be easily read, but not so large that you need two pages. Also, since you say letter and not email, be sure you use nice paper and envelope, just as if you were sending in a paper resume.

Again, good luck! I hope this helped.

15 Mar 2013     

Benitto
Netherlands

hello dear Moody Moody!
Thanks for your comprehensive answer. It really helped.

17 Mar 2013