Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Can I do it?    

Can I do it?

florimago
Spain

Can I do it?

Hi dear friends : Yesterday I started working as a e-learning teacher and I have a question for you : Can I include  ESL worksheets in the course (mentioning of course the source) ? I �d appreciate your comments . Thanks

Flori

15 Mar 2013      

MoodyMoody
United States

It looks like a clear no, florimago. I �m sorry. But here �s what ESLP rules have to say:

The documents included in this website can be downloaded for personal use only. You are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes, nor to publish them by any means whatsoever. That includes publishing them on your website for your students � use. [Bold original, italics mine]

You might try contacting Victor directly and seeing if he �ll make an exception, but the rule looks pretty unambiguous. You could, however, probably include links to online exercises for the students to use. I realize that �s not the same, but it �s something.

15 Mar 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I think you can. 

15 Mar 2013     

zailda
Brazil

The worksheets uploaded at ESL printables can �t be re-uploaded or shared without the author �s permission. 

Of course you �re free to share yours wherever you want.

Have a nice day / evening!

15 Mar 2013     

pilarmham
Spain

I �d love it if my worksheets were useful tu you.

Good luck!

15 Mar 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Flori

I�m assuming you mean that you want to upload them to your e-course for online learning as opposed to printing them out and using them in a face to face classroom.

If you read the rules you�ll see that it says (and MM also points this out):

The documents included in this website can be downloaded for personal use only. You are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes, nor to publish them by any means whatsoever. That includes publishing them on your website for your students � use.

This also applies to numerous other internet sites too.  In Australia we always need to obtain permission (and in my large gov�t  institution, I must obtain written permission which is then kept by our publishing department). 

I use an e-learning platform for online learning but I simply use links to documents (no permission required) rather than embed them where permission is required.  Of course, this doesn�t work here but many sites have links to similar yet great documents where membership is not required.

If a member gives you permission to use their work may I suggest that you ask them to e-mail it to you and to specifically grant permission in that e-mail.  That covers you for any legal issues you or your institution might encounter should someone challenge you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jayho

15 Mar 2013     

PhilipR
Thailand

Of course you can. Well, mine anyway :)

Don �t forget to acknowledge the source so more people learn about this great site.

16 Mar 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

What do you mean by using it in your students � course? Of course you can give them to your students in your classes or for homework, that is what the sheets are for. You cannot however, publish a coursebook with materials which aren �t yours (or create a website etc. )without permission.

16 Mar 2013     

jannabanna
France

Why wouldn �t you be able to use our worksheets for your course, surely that �s what they are here for and why we share them!  What �s the point of having this wonderful site if we can �t do anything with the WSs we download, but sit and look at them!
In any case please be free to use any of mine, no problem!

The only thing we mustn �t do it upload them to our personal blog or website without prior permission from the author.

Janet

16 Mar 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

My initial response was, yes of course you can, but now I realise it �s more complicated than that. For example, I �ve used copyrighted material, with the permission of the artist, but only on the understanding that I �m not making any money out of it. 
 How do you want to use eslp materials, Flori? Obviously, it �s fine to use them with your class, or over skype or whatever it is that e-learning tutors do (?). But would you be publishing them as part of a pack for which you are paid? I don �t think that would be OK. 

16 Mar 2013     

bluedoll
Spain

I HOPE MY WORKSHEETS WERE USEFUL TO YOU.

A HUG.

16 Mar 2013