Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Native Speakers in an ESL Class    

Native Speakers in an ESL Class

EstherLee76
Peru

Native Speakers in an ESL Class

Hi,

I �m writing on behalf of a colleague of mine.  She is teaching 2nd grade ESL in an international school here in Peru.  One of the students is a native speaker from Australia.  She is asking me about strategies in handling the situation.  I have given her all the suggestions I could.  I should add the the child appears to have some "disgrafia" problems.

If you have any suggestions for us, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Esther

16 Mar 2013      

maceman
Canada

Hi Esther.
She may want to start with this site:
http://www.ncld.org/types-learning-disabilities/dysgraphia/what-is-dysgraphia?start=1
Hope it helps.
Have a great day.

16 Mar 2013     

sarguero
Spain

It �s in Spanish but maybe useful

http://www.educarchile.cl/Portal.Base/Web/VerContenido.aspx?ID=210866

16 Mar 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Do you think this might help?
Sophia

16 Mar 2013     

helena2009
Hungary

I would give the student some extra tasks when the lesson is very boring for him/her.

If he/she has disgraphia problems I would not give the student too many writing exercises.

I think listening and reading comprehension exercises are better. Or I would give the student worksheets on Mathematics, Science or other subjects.

The student can be involved in the lesson when the group is learning songs and games, or doing arts and crafts.

I suppose the student will be happy if he/she can have the opportunity to teach the group a new song or a rhyme.

Hope I could help

H.

16 Mar 2013     

EstherLee76
Peru

Thanks all four of you for your invaluable help.  I have forwarded your suggestions to my friends.

Esther

16 Mar 2013