Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I Don īt know    

I Don īt know

chito006hacker
Peru

I Don īt know

Hi guys from esl printables, I īve got still a questions that surrounds my brain, how is called people who live in the highlands? highlander? is there exactly a word or can you mention synonyms, please?  i would like to listen your answer :) Thank you

21 Mar 2013      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Insofar as I know, Highlanders are people who live in the highlands of Scotland. 

21 Mar 2013     

EstherLee76
Peru

I know that in Peru we call people from the coast "Costeņo" and people from the mountains "Serrano" but I īve never heard that in English.  When I refer to things from the Andes, I ask my students to use the term "Andean".  Otherwise, you just have to use people from the desert, people from the coast, people from the highlands, etc. as far as I know.

I agree with Lynn about the term "Highlander".

21 Mar 2013     

titine69
France

That īs right,people who live in the highlands are called "Highlanders".

TitineWink

21 Mar 2013     

yanogator
United States

Yes, I īve only heard "highlanders" used for people from the highlands of Scotland. In the US, we sometimes say "hill people", but not often.

Bruce

21 Mar 2013