Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Post reading activity    

Post reading activity

piedadrosell
Spain

Post reading activity

hi colleagues,

I am planning a lesson related with phonics. I started with a warm up in which I review some sounds previously taught, after this I present a new sound, the /s/ sound.
Then I have prepared a mini book in order to practice the letter s, the students have to weave their hands as a snake does at the same time they listen the sound /s/

But now, I will need a production activity/post reading activity, so, my students will be able to demonstrate how much they have learnt.

Could you give me some ideas please?

26 Mar 2013      

helena2009
Hungary

1. Put 2 sheets on the board: [s] and [z]. Give the students cards with different words. Eg. house, gets, runs, sad. The students have to go the board and stick their sheet in the correct coloumn. 2. A version of this activity: you say the words to each students and they write the words on the board in the correct coloumn. 3. An other version: Make a worksheet with a similar exercise. Hope I can help. Helena

27 Mar 2013     

piedadrosell
Spain

Thank you very much,

but I was looking for an activity that I will work the writing skill.

27 Mar 2013     

piedadrosell
Spain

Thank you very much,

but I was looking for an activity that I will work the writing skill.

27 Mar 2013