Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > good or bad cliparts!!!    

good or bad cliparts!!!

spied-d-aignel
France

good or bad cliparts!!!

hello , there; Yesterday I had one worksheet reported  because it contained some images  which were copyrighted; I  had paid particular attention in the choice of my cliparts, that is , not to heavy and not watermarked , and there I discover that there are also images  you can find on "google images" but that you still can � t use because they  have been used somewhere , by someone already. So how can we know we �re choosing good images?What �s more I know  I have to stay  under the 500KO deadline , but yet when I download some of your worksheets I discover afterwards that they are 1000 ko or even far more. How have you managed to do that?

2 Apr 2013      

zailda
Brazil

In fact that �s a trick question. Your worksheet contains a picture used by an ESL site preparing the same kind of wss as yours (routines), and over this coincidence (it may be one) it was reported. Maybe if you had used it in a complete different task it wouldn �t have been reported, who knows...

I personally asked once the owner of the site (mes.english) because I found some of his pictures shared by other site and he answered that not all the pictures are his and he only reports pictures he himself has drawn.

If he didn �t draw all the pictures, I would never report / remove a worksheet without contacting him first (my POV), so I didn �t vote yours. If the worksheet contained more than one of the pictures he used in a different type of work I wouldn �t report either. I would only report your ws if it contained more than one picture used to prepare the same kind of work, because for me it could be barely considered a coincidence.

If I were you I �d contact the owner of the site (mes-english) to know about the picture (man making the bed). If it doesn �t have a copyright I �d ask Victor to restore the ws. If it has, I �d replace it and reupload.

The rules concerning the pictures:
  • You can �t publish any document including pictures or contents taken from iclipart.com, since it �s against their terms of use.

• Worksheets containing watermarked cliparts are not allowed and will be removed from now on.

• Please, don �t use pictures taken from other ESL websites or books, even if you add your own exercises.

2 Apr 2013     

jannabanna
France

Thanks Zailda for all this information, but I must agree with Spied-d-aignel it �s becoming so difficult to know which cliparts or images we can use and which we can �t. 
We do all try to be careful, but sometimes we need images of specific movements or actions and if we find them without a watermark, we jump at them.  It would take hours to check all the other WSs on other esl sites to find out if anyone else has used them!

So it still remains a difficult situation.

Thanks for all your hard work Zailda.

Janet

2 Apr 2013     

spied-d-aignel
France

thanks for your work Zeilda. i really try my best to choose the right pictures but it �s difficult to know when they are not watermarked  anyway I have removed the image and reuploaded it. Hope no one will report it again!!

2 Apr 2013