Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the Day Winner MarionG    

Word of the Day Winner MarionG

dutchboydvh
Singapore

Word of the Day Winner MarionG

Jayho! No fair!! LOL You aren �t supposed to expose the real meaning! Tongue
Yes a �squizzy � is Kiwi or Ozzy slang for taking a quick look at something. 

For example "Let me take a quick squizzy at the shrimp on the barbie."
And MarionG... i would NEVER touch a person �s bottom in an offhanded way! LOL Wen i do it, i mean it!  :-P 

You got me as well... thought you were serious! YIKE!
Ok MarionG I �m passing the torch to you, as you fooled me! I actually believed your definition. LOL
Take it away!
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=40967

5 Apr 2013      

Jayho
Australia

Oops, sorry Dar, a slip of tongue, well keyboard I guess, not that I know anyone that says �squizzy�, it �s just �squiz� where I hail from.

And I think Marion fooled so many on purpose so that no one was game to enter and that she would then have a greater chance of winning Wink

And Irawin - better be careful if you ask anyone if you can have a squizzy because you might be surprised if you are then on the receiving end of a backhander (defn 1) Ouch

Cheers

Jayho

6 Apr 2013     

irawinj
Malaysia

LOL ..Jayho. I got a few female friends in New Zealand maybe I give them a "squizzy" if  I meet them someday. 

6 Apr 2013