Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > dowloading Adobe Flash Player videos from a website    

dowloading Adobe Flash Player videos from a website

alosadap
Spain

dowloading Adobe Flash Player videos from a website

Hi everyone!
I�m interested in dowloading a few videos from ABC News. Does anyone know how to do this?
I�d like to use them in class as I don�t have internet connection in the classroom.
Thanks for your help! Best regards

30 Sep 2008      

Mishuna
Argentina

Hi alosadap, someone has recommended VDownloader (but to be used with youtube, I think you can use it with everything) I have downloaded and it�s incredible good. You should try it. It has lots of options of formats and it�s very easy tu use.

30 Sep 2008     

cgato
Portugal

Hi!
To download videos from Youtube I use this  http://www.downloadyoutubevideos.com/
From ABC it�s easy to download videos, but I couldn�t download videos of news! Maybe You can find what you want in youtube! It has soooooooooo many videos Smile
Hope it helps!
Bye

30 Sep 2008     

Noelica
Spain

Hi!

I have just downloaded VDownloader. I have tried to download some Adobe Flash Player videos from the British Council but it asks for the URL of the video. How can I get it?

Thank you very much!

30 Sep 2008     

alosadap
Spain

The problem seems to be the website. I tried downloading the videos with Vdownloader and also with an online program  www.keepvid.com. But the URL doesn�t work;  ABC news has Flash videos with no apparent URL.
I�ll try to look for them in youtube.
Thanks anyway! Bye!

30 Sep 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Alosadap,

I agree with cgato, much better than installing dodgy software. �This has been a problem for me, I keep reviewing different software from time to time. �Be careful about the format, a lot of software converts formats but none of them actually work. �As far as I can tell, the conversion programs are doing very little apart from changing the file extension. ��

Or try these...

9 Oct 2008