Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hello, spanish speaking teachers!    

Hello, spanish speaking teachers!

carinita
Argentina

Hello, spanish speaking teachers!

How can I say this in english:
Una chica que trabaja en casa (trabajos dom�sticos) quiere aprobar ingl�s y terminar el secundario y necesita una profesora que no sea yo...

I hate translating!!!Broken Heart I hope there is someone more capable than me here and translates this in the blink of an eye! Star
Thanks

8 Apr 2013      

laualso
Spain

Hi,
I �d say... a cleaning assistant would like to pass her English exam to finish Secondary School and is looking for a teacher of English.

I hope it is useful! Best Regards!

Laura

9 Apr 2013     

Zora
Canada

This is also an option:

A girl who works at home (domestic work/housework/caregiver) wants to pass English and finish high school needs a teacher who is not me ...

OR

A girl who works as a domestic worker is looking to pass her English exams and finish high school and needs a teacher who is not me ...

Actually, the �trabajos domesticos � could be anything. Is this person cleaning houses, is she a nanny or au pair? I �d say that that is the main problem. It is too ambiguous what she does for a living.

9 Apr 2013     

carinita
Argentina

Zora: she looks after my mother
Is there any term for workers looking after elder people?

9 Apr 2013