Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Baggage claim    

Baggage claim

RENZO
Peru

Baggage claim

Hello dear friends

Please, I would like you to help me. I have a doubt.

Please, what is the difference between a trolley and a conveyor belt?

I waw looking for the answer, surfing and surfing, I found tones of definitions in the internet but I am not convinced by myself.

the passsengers use the conveyor belt at the beggining TO  CHECK IN and the the final destination to pick up the luggage.

Conveyor belt
A mechanical apparatus consisting of a continuous moving belt that transports materials or packages from one place to another.  a moving belt that transports luggage in the baggage claim area.

Luggage carrousel: it is a device, generally at an airport, that delivers checked luggage to the passengers at the baggage claim area at their final destination.

Trolley or cart  ï¿½ a handcart used for pushing luggage and heavy items.

on the other hand

Departure Terminal - a part of the airport where passengers must check-in to board their flight.

in the departure terminal you must check in  again. Because

the passengers check in when they arrive in the airport. at the end of the check in procedure they have to do it again.

Gate: movable barrier in a wall. Passengers get on a plane, bus, train, ship, etc.

Thanks a million for your help. take care and God bless you for being so generous.

10 Apr 2013      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi Renzo, those definitions look good. I �m not sure where your difficulties lie.
Anyway, a trolley has got wheels. You put your luggage on it and push. W hen we go from the plane to collect our luggage, it arrives on a conveyor belt. It is a carousel, as it goes round. Say you are with your partner, and you pop to the toilet, you say, see you at baggage reclaim. That �s what we call it insofar as I know. NB reclaim, not claim.

11 Apr 2013