Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Check in and check out airport    

Check in and check out airport

RENZO
Peru

Check in and check out airport

Hello dear friends
Please help me. I have a doubt.
luggage arrives on a conveyor or a carousel, so passengers pick them up.

now I have a  doubt
Can I use a conveyor belt for departures I mean  When I check in at a check in counter, Can I put my baggage  in a conveyor belt.

What is the difference among departure terminal, check in counter and gate?
Thanks in advance for your help. Take care and God bless you.

11 Apr 2013      

MoodyMoody
United States

When I go to the airport, I first look for the correct terminal, or building that I am going to go to before I actually board the plane. When I arrive at the terminal, I check in at the check in counter, the agent examines my ticket, weighs my checked bag(s) and I leave it(them) at the counter, and the agent puts it(them) on a conveyor so that baggage handlers can put it(them) on the plane.

I then go through security and look for the gate from which my plane will depart. I hope that the airline doesn �t change the gate number (or worse yet, the terminal), because that means that I have to go somewhere else. Another agent checks my ID and ticket before I board the plane.

Once on the plane, the flight attendants help with carry-on bags and seat assignments. After take-off, the flight attendants bring drinks and snacks, as well as sell alcohol and other items.

When I finally arrive at my destination, I disembark and go to the luggage carousel to pick up my checked bag(s). Then I either pick up my rental car or I wait for my ride.

I know this is a lot to read, but I thought putting the words into context might help you understand them better. Maybe I should make a Power Point out of this?

11 Apr 2013     

yanogator
United States

Great explanation, not just in context, but in the order of occurrence.

Bruce

11 Apr 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Renzo, maybe you look at the answers we already gave you instead of posting a 3rd message on the forum... they are still in the "new topics" section
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=41068
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=41067
because I already answered your question this morning with pictures!!!

11 Apr 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Renzo, are you frightened of flying? 

11 Apr 2013