Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your help    

I need your help

sasuna
Algeria

I need your help

Hi dear colleague,
I have choosen this text to use as  test and one of the comprehension questions is:
*Is the text a letter,a conversation or.................

If I ruled the world, the first thing I would do is prevent famine and disease in the developing world. In my opinion, that�s one of the most serious problems we face. I would make sure that poor farmers could sell their food to the rest of the world. I would also make more medicines available to people in poor countries. I believe we could save millions of lives by vaccinating children, so I would make drugs companies do that.

The next thing I�d do is invest in wind, water and solar power. We would then have clean energy that wouldn�t pollute the planet. In my view, if we could also make petrol-driven cars illegal, we would reduce pollution even more and this way we could stop global warning.

There are less serious things I�d do too. I�d ban rap music because I think it�s terrible and I would reduce the number of sports programmes on TV .Finally, I would make my brother change his socks every day because they smell awful.

Would you please complete the question?
Thanks in advance.

12 Apr 2013      

Lilia Laz
Tunisia

May be "A DIARY"!?

12 Apr 2013     

Ticas
Portugal

It �s an opinion text!

12 Apr 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

essay?

12 Apr 2013     

abumohamed
Tunisia

a talk or a speech

12 Apr 2013     

margaserranoflo
Spain

I would say it �s an expository essay.

12 Apr 2013     

oumsalsabil
Algeria

I would say it is a speech/ a public statement delievered at an electoral compain if the last sentence about the brother �s socks was not there because it is too personal and a family affair.

12 Apr 2013     

eve25
Hungary

An essay.
This text can be found in Solutions Pre-Intermediate Student �s Book p. 81.

12 Apr 2013     

sasuna
Algeria

12 Apr 2013     

minimal70
Morocco

I would say it � the speech of the next elected president of USA

12 Apr 2013