Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS!    

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS!

maryano30
Peru

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS!

Please help me! I �ve been invited to talk  in a training workshop about how to design teaching  materials. I have some ideas but I �d like receiving some suggestions to do a good presentation. Thanks in advance. A big hug!Hug

14 Apr 2013      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Can you be more specific? Materials for what level? Any particular topic? 

14 Apr 2013     

maryano30
Peru

It �s for Ss between 12 and 15 years old. I have to explain other teachers how to design teaching materials.
Thanks.

14 Apr 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Maryano, this is still a very wide brief! 

If it is to teach English to beginners or intermediates:
1) Use visuals - photos/videos/diagrams/real objects/charts/graphs etc. Explain how to use pictures to teach English. Send me a pm if you want a great picture with questions about it, based on Bloom �s taxonomy.
2) Use COMPARISONS - compare two pictures. It is/it isn �t, it �s got/it hasn �t got. In the past, but now... etc.
3) Provide writing frames - show some examples. Provide time connectives: First, then, after that ...etc
4) Prepare SCAFFOLDED materials - match up/gap fill/true or false/sequencing/ jumbled up words/sentences etc

Also, you should search activities/strategies on here. 

14 Apr 2013     

maryano30
Peru

Thank you so much! Dear Cunliffe. I �ll send you a pm.Clap

14 Apr 2013