Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Can someone help?    

Can someone help?

sarahgriffin
Ireland

Can someone help?

Hi there

Can someone help me, I m looking to put some nice background pictures onto a worksheet Im  planning to upload, but I dont know how to do it.

The kind of pics Im looking for are ones that will sit nicely in the background subtly, almost like they are faded.

I don�t want strong  images, I want to be able to tone them down.  I have seen some people with background images, behind their text.  Can someone explain to me how its done??

thanks

26 Jan 2009      

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi, search on google: tipe backgrounds. You will find tons of sites where you can find whatever you need.

26 Jan 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Sarah! After you choose the picture and put it where you like, clik on it and the toolbar for image will appear - one of the optings is colouring, I think, and you chose watermark. If you�re not satisfied, you can continue to adjust the cours cliking on contrast or brightness options. I hope I could help.

Hugs,
mena

26 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Here�s a useful little �how to� on graphic watermarks in Word for you:

http://wordprocessing.about.com/library/WordTutorials/blwatermark2.htm

There may be a few variations on this process depending on which version of Word you use.

The Word �background� option was originally designed for online publishing, so works a littl bit differently to watermarking.

Cheers,

26 Jan 2009     

sarahgriffin
Ireland

thanks to all!!

26 Jan 2009