Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What is your opinion!!    

What is your opinion!!

Mini9
Peru

What is your opinion!!

I was looking for newspapers in English as well in Spanish and one of you suggest "EL PA�S" which I really thank you.
I �ve just found this article in Spanish and English and this paragraph grab my attention:

Rectángulo redondeado: Source: EL PAIS INTERNATIONALLas conclusiones del comit� tambi�n aluden a secuelas del conflicto armado interno y la lucha contra el grupo terrorista Sendero Luminoso entre 1980 y 2000. La instancia lamenta la falta de cooperaci�n del ministerio de Defensa y las fuerzas armadas a la hora de entregar informaci�n.

The committee�s conclusions also made a reference to the effects of the internal armed conflict and the fight against the terrorist group Shining Path between 1980 and 2000. The UN body lamented the lack of cooperation by the Peruvian Defense Ministry and the armed forces with regard to the release of information.

I just wonder why the translator translated the name of that group of Terrorist... It would �nt be better not translate it and at the bottom of the page explain the name..

Is it better to translate the names for you who speak English?

14 Apr 2013      

EstherLee76
Peru

Translation theories vary. On one end you can translate literally, which was done here, or you can translate more liberally perhaps as you are suggesting.  The translator here obviously chose the former.  It �s a matter of choice.

14 Apr 2013