Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > That´s it    

That´s it

renca
Czech Republic

That´s it

Hi everybody,
Well, that�s it, I must say I have had enough. I feel like this was the last straw. I really don�t like the sort of things which we are discussed in the forum here, I would prefer more proffessional issues discussed.  I didn�t want to join most of the heated discussions which were going on here, but I feel that I had to report ivush�s nasty comments, because if I hadn�t, this sort of language could become common here. I am bitterly disappointed with Zora�s comments as well - she feels this issue shouldn�t have been made public but I do.

I think that there is something rotten on this site, mainly the thing with scanned and stolen worksheets. Although this happens in academic world as well, the scale is much larger here and makes things look appaling. Maybe it is the whole idea of the virtual world - the impersonality which allows people to do things they would never do in real world.

Consenquently, I decided to stop uploading things for this site and become a quiet observer. I am going to remove all of my conversation cards soon, as I am going to publish them, so download them if you are interested. This (removing the cards)has nothing to do with the above mentioned issue.

I would like to thank many of you for great ideas - frenchfrog, mena or katiana, for their creativity - luisa (mpotb), vanda and domnitza as well as for nice personality-icha and many others. Sorry if I forgot about somebody.
Hope you don�t see it as a childish act, I�ve been thinking about it for a couple of months, because this site is mostly aimed at teachers of elementary levels,( I teach intermediate+) and after some time here I found out that I don�t download nearly any of the contributions with the exception of frenchfrog and a couple of others. It is a pity we don�t have the opportunity to delete the account ourselves.

Well, it is time to say goodbye. Don�t be angry with me, I hope things will improve here.

Renata

26 Jan 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Please, renca, let�s discuss things. Besides, each of us is free to have his/her own opinion. You have all the right to think that you did the right thing, and I have all the right to think that I wouldn�t want to do something like that. 2 people, 2 opinions, 2 friends. That�s the way I look at it.

26 Jan 2009     

Paola_
Argentina

To Renca & Ivush:   

The best thing would be to say �sorry.� 
I wouldn�t like either of you to leave this site.
 ?Let�s all be friends?

26 Jan 2009     

Paola_
Argentina

Sorry for the BIG picture Ermm

26 Jan 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

it�s truee...please those pictures are cute and motivating but lets make them a little smaller.

26 Jan 2009     

handstand
Venezuela

Renata,
It saddens me to think you�re leaving this site.
Your contributions have been so inspiring and extremely useful.
I hope you reconsider because you will be sorely missed. 
Best wishes whatever you decide - and congratulations on getting your cards published.

What does your mother/wife want you do /to do/doing in the house?

26 Jan 2009