Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Some Monday Thought    

Some Monday Thought

frenchfrog
France

This is what I wrote to a member who sent me a private message:

"

I am not angry, I am more disappointed, discouraged than angry.

I understand that some members may think they will never be able to make nice worksheets. They are wrong!!! I started with very simple worksheets, and gradually discovered many options in Word while preparing my worksheets for eslprintables. I would never have discovered all these possibilities without eslprintables.com. Then, when I started to master Word, I decided to share some tips and prepared these tutorials. I tried to make them very simple by giving useful instructions step by step.

Another thing: you don�t have to be a computer genius to teach your students some English!!! Last year, in the school where I taught, I did not even have a computer in my room, no internet (the board was a blackboard and you had to write on it with a piece of chalk): it was a very minimalist classroom, quite an exception in France. I strongly believe that it is when you have nothing that you create the most: I developed all my games last year and my pupils loved them all!

I also need a good break because I have been contributing for over a year. This has been a wonderful experience and I am quite pleased with what I have uploaded. I never would have thought I would be capable of creating so much!

Thank you for your support!"

As a joke I wanted to upload just a heart and write in the description: "Colour the heart. Very useful for Valentine�s Day". But I gave up the idea (I am no longer in the mood...)

26 Jan 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, Frenchfrog.
Now I can understand what some were point out.
I completely agree with you.

In fact I loggin these days just to check if those respectable colleagues have finally started discussing their babies� nappies.

A member posted that it is not a loss if someone is leaving (Now I understand why he/she said so) and now I can tell that�s maybe true for him/her not for me. Any member leaving the site is a big loss especially if it is one of those considered as models whether because of their contributions or their behavior and wise and valuable help and advice on the forum.

Yes there are more than 130 thousand registered members on the site but actually how many of them do we meet, hear of and see their contributions here every day? We can check the number of those with 0 uploads and 0 points and never hear from very easily. You (the one who put this post) will be astonished!!!

All we want is that some of the members stop that childish behavior and also uploading those papers which aren�t really ESLs and start uploading worthy WS and discussing seriously ESL matters. This is a a site for professionals not a chat room you like it or not.

Regards

26 Jan 2009     

traceyo777
Hungary

I Joined just a few days ago and think this is a great site.  It is a shame to learn that there is a lot of bad mouthing and insulting going on.

I think to be fair we have to acknowledge that if someone is making a worksheet then there are bound to be the same / similar  clip art and similar ideas to other worksheets on the site.

Rather than take it as an insult, why not try looking at it as though someone has been inspired by your work and has tried to make their own worksheet form it.

Maybe it has been simplified, maybe its more  colourful, or slightly more easier / difficult for different age groups.  Is it really such a big problem? At the end of the day all any of us are trying to do is post things that are welcomed by others, making an easier working life and a more interesting classroom.

Also,  the simple worksheets are also great. Sometimes I find that colours and pictures can be to distracting  (and sometimes the cost of colour printing is not justifiable) and sometimes I just want to find a basic  w/s so keep them coming. But of course the more colourful ones are also great.

Really I just wanted to say thanks for everyone who contributes, it�s a great site. Lets try to keep it that way.

Sorry -just re read some of the earlier posts and French Frog- I understand your point about scanning in books, that I agree with.

26 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

Hey froggy,  there are some nice people still here. 

I think that everyone should just calm down.  Bad wss won�t get you points, its a fact.  If we don�t download them, those people won�t be able to download ours. 

If you recognize something stolen - just report it to Victor.  We need to stop being rude.

I liked what you said about how people start.  When I go into someones file I always start with their oldest wss  because they are usually black and white and uncluttered. 

This site makes me want to prepare wss but I just don�t have the time.

I wish that Victor could separate the contributions into levels so that I don�t have to check through stuff I don�t need - just to save time.  I teach Junior High so I need intermediate stuff but I have a lot of non-readers so I would occassionally check out the elementry stuff.

I�m not sure why people want to leave - but it�s a free world.  It�s funny how the tone of the forum changes during the day according to time zones.  I wish I could spend 24 hours reading the forum to see what everyone is saying.  Am I addicted?????????????????   Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 Jan 2009     

pelu
Argentina

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU.

26 Jan 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

I ALSO AGREE WITH eng789    Thumbs Up

26 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2