Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Copyright advice    

Copyright advice

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Copyright advice

Hi guys, I am working on my little website. I would like to upload a play with resources. The problem is, I adapted this play from another. I simplified it, made some changes and set it in a different country. I �d love to upload it, as I spent a lot of time on the resources. I can �t remember the original author.
If I explain this, do you think I �m entitled to put that play on my website? Does anyone know?

Lynne

23 Apr 2013      

libertybelle
United States

Cunlife
This is really a tricky thing.

If you �re planning on earning money on this play, and the play is copyrighted, you need to get permission from the publishers.

If it is just something you want to share with others for free, I �m not quite sure how that works.
Check for copyrights on the internet - perhaps you might find the answer there and find out the name of the original play.
It could be that the author is long gone and the play if free to use.

good luck
Libertybelle

23 Apr 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thanks, Libertybelle. I think the best I can do is try to find the author.

23 Apr 2013