Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP NEEDED    

HELP NEEDED

Yolandaprieto
Spain

HELP NEEDED

Hi there!
I wonder what you would write at the end of a series of exersices your students have handed in so that you simply can check they have done them. I am not going to correct them because it could take me ages but I �ll give them the correct answers to correct their own exercises. I �ve never done this before but the last time I tried to correct three units of 32 students I ended up so tired and frustrated that I swore I would never do that again. I am going to try this new method. I want to check they have done the exercises and that �s all. Would you write "checked, revised, or what at the end?
Perhaps it is a silly question but I want to make sure I write the correct thing.
Thanks in advance
Yolanda

24 Apr 2013      

edrodmedina
United States

Hi Yolanda. Have you ever considered having students correct each others tests? It can be tricky. You have to make sure students don �t mind others seeing their work and that students are honest. (I �ve had students change answers for other students) but it can be done if you get them to buy into it. Ed

24 Apr 2013     

mjpa
Spain

I always correct my students exercises (i�m a private teacher) with a tick. Just to know that i have corrected them in case they are perfect. Why don�t you try that? Just a tick 

24 Apr 2013     

anaram
Spain

When I just want to check if they have done everything I �ve asked, I  mark out of the total possible; for example 17/20 means they had to do 20 exercises and he/she has done 17. 

24 Apr 2013     

Apodo
Australia

You could initial the work to show you �ve seen it.

MM

24 Apr 2013     

amrodriguez
Spain

I also used a tick to let them know that I have check their exercises, but in any case I think that " Check" would be perfect, and the idea of Anaram of  marking just the number of exercises they have done seems very good to me.

25 Apr 2013     

essam35
Egypt

I think (seen) is honest enough.

25 Apr 2013