Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Suspicious Person Wanted To Be Friend Me....Curious.    

Suspicious Person Wanted To Be Friend Me....Curious.

irawinj
Malaysia

Suspicious Person Wanted To Be Friend Me....Curious.

I got a pm from Loverepp(the account was deleted), introducing herself as Miss Pahalay. Below the contains of the pm:

Hi, Greetings from pahaly,
My name is miss pahaly, l saw your profile today and after going through it
then l made up my mind to contact you as my friend. so l want you to write back
to me through my email address ([email protected]) so that l will give
you my picture and for you to know more about me. l hope to see your mail soon.
lt is from me,
miss pahaly

I replied and she talked about herself and I found it abit odd. I heard about scams trying to seduce people to donate to their cause. Maybe this one of them. I deleted her email and checked her profile. As I mentioned before it was deleted.

Guys, beware of these people. They are cunning and deceiving. Miss Pahalay...if your are reading this...watch your back...someone is coming for you.Evil Smile

30 Apr 2013      

irawinj
Malaysia

Contains of her email:

How do you do there? I hope you are well?
My name is pahaly. (24 years), I �m single, Gambia, the only child of the late Eng. Bernard Bakary Nechwa. Director of Enterprise Bajam (Construction Company in Gambia) also the CEO of Bernard Import and Export (GAMBIA).

In fact, my mother died when I was just 4 years after my late father and because of the nature of the love he had for my mother to remain unmarried until he left the ghost ..

Thus, after the death of my father as a result of poison, his brother (my uncle) who is buying and selling marketing manager of my fathers company later named (Mr. James Tokunbo Oriade Nechwa) wanted to convert all properties and resources of my late father in his quarrel I have with him and he has based his anger on me to the extent of hiring an assassins to kill me, but to God be the glory i succeeded by making a way to Senegal for my dear life. I am more than happy in your reply to my e-mail and very happy to write to you again.

Honestly I do not live a terrible life, even here in Senegal because of those Assassins coming after me as Senegal and Gambia my country has a common border.

In fact, I want to stay here again, but I want to get out of here immediately.
That �s why I want to share with you in confidence that before the incident took place, there was a certain amount of money totaling $ 4.5 million U.S. Dollars ($ 4,500,000), my late father deposited in one of the leading banks in my country which I am the next of kin before he met his untimely death.

In addition, I wanted to facilitate this agreement by myself, but because i am not able now, I ask your help with a long-standing relationship of your help to transfer my money this fathers in your account in your country pending my arrival to join you for a new start living there you are.

Maybe I revealed to you only love and trust that I put in you and want the same from you.

Therefore, I give you the contact of the bank and other necessary information to my email if you promise me that you will not / never betray and disclosed this matter to everyone, because this money is I only hope for the survival of the earth since I lost my parents.

The more I CERTIFICATE OF INVESTMENT FUND and death certificate here with me, but before I give you more information, I would like to know your full data

1. Name: ........................
2. Address: ..................
3. Nationality: ........... Gender ................
4. Age: ........... Date of birth: ................
5. Occupation: ........................
6. Phone: ........... Fax: .........................
7. State of Origin: ....... Country: ..............
8. Occupation: ...................................
9. Marital status ........... E-mail to: ............
10. Scan copy of your identity card or driving license / Photo: ............
DECLARATION:

so that I will be totally sure that I �m not trusted the wrong person. and it will also give me the spirit to send you the bank contact for you to contact them for further verification on this money. Do you know more and more.

In the meantime you can reach me by my pastor, his name is Pastor Paul whenever you call, tell him you want to speak with me he will send for me to speak with you his phone number is this (+221776658193)

I expect to hear from you soon

Watch out!!!!

30 Apr 2013     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I have got several e-mails and pms about this matter, every time with a different sender, but there is always a request to help with an account problem. I never write back because it is so obvious that it is a fraude. What I don �t understand is that there must people who believe and send money.

30 Apr 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

yes, I receive emails like that at least once a month in my junk mail folder... i do not read all of them but sometimes I do and I report the email account of that person - for example if you receive an email from [email protected] you can report it by  forwarding it to [email protected] (it �s the same thing with google mail etc...) - but they keep coming anyway...

last time I received a very strange that actually sounded true...
the guy called himselft Jean-Jacques (a bit old fashioned but very common here...) he spoke as if he knew me ("i didn �t tell you but i went to Nigeria for a few days" "don �t call my mother, you know how weak she is lately and i don �t want to upset her") and here was his story: while he was travelling in Africa his money and passport were stolen... he was stranded in a small village in the middle of nowhere and had found someone with an internet connection to send me an email...  he didn �t want much - less than 100 euros - to be able to go back to the Capital city, go to the Embassy and come back home... he didn �t want me to tell his family because he didn �t want to worry them but if i agreed to send him them money - not on a bank account, but to a post office so he could get it easily since he had also lost his credit card... - he would pay me back as soon as he was back home... he apologized for his short email saying that the internet connection was very bad and that he didn �t have much time to explain everything
the story sounded plausible and if i had known a Jean-Jacques - and were a bit more naive... -  I might have feel fooled, especially since i know a lot of people abroad who like travelling around the world...

30 Apr 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Be careful - this is a typical scam.

In Australia we call these Nigerian scams, but only because they originally came from Nigeria.  Nowadays they come from everywhere. I frequently get them in my e-mail and occasionally here.  I also get them by SMS.

I personally know someone who got scammed for AUS$500,000 in the hope of marrying his new lady friend, and he had never even met her Wacko

Unbelievably, and sadly, many people worldwide are the victims of these scams.

Cheers

Jayho

30 Apr 2013     

edrodmedina
United States

I can �t count the number of women from England dying of cancer who wish to donate their money to me. And then there are those who claim to be in the military and came across a cache of money they can �t leave behind in Afghanistan or the number of times I �ve won the Australian lottery or for that matter the number of times Google has chosen me as the lucky winner for a million dollar prize. Ed

30 Apr 2013     

olaola
Italy

what strikes me most in these scams is the bad English!

30 Apr 2013     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi irawinj!

Don �t worry I got from a different member ... Kind of boring approaches .... These people should visit other sites ... I think!  Confused

30 Apr 2013