Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Any good grammar book?    

Any good grammar book?

Tere-arg
Argentina

Any good grammar book?

Can anyone recommend some good grammar books?

1 May 2013      

maceman
Canada

Hello Terra-Arg
If you are looking for a grammar book with practical activities you may benefit from - Penny Ur �s - Grammar Practice Activities - A Practical Guide for Teachers - Cambridge University Press.
Have a great day.

1 May 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Maria

As a teacher reference I can highly recommend Michael Swan�s Practical English Usage and Martin Parrot�s Grammar for English Language Teacher�s.

For students, as an ongoing reference, I prefer the Essential/English/Advanced Grammar in Use series.

Cheers

Jayho

1 May 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

When I came to Singapore our school used to alternate by term. We would use Cutting Edge (http://www.eflbooks.co.uk/series.php?series=New+Cutting+Edge+Intermediate) Then Total English(http://www.tefl.net/reviews/total-english-elementary.htm) I found both books well done. they weren �t perfect, but by alternating it kept the material somewhat fresh, and the imperfections smoothed out as each book tended to be strong in ways the other was weaker. Have a great day! -Dar

1 May 2013     

hamidovitch
Morocco

betty_azar_understanding_and_using_english_grammar

THIS ONE IS GOOD

2 May 2013     

Lucky028
Uruguay

The Good Grammar Book by Oxford. It �s great!!!!

2 May 2013