Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Joinery    

Joinery

action18
France

Joinery

Hello! 

I �d like to get in touch with teachers who are teaching joinery to be able to exchange ideas, worksheets.... about this job.

Thanks

Handshake

4 May 2013      

ELOJOLIE274
France

maybe it won �t help you but anyway...
my mum is a sewing teacher in a SEGPA and a few years ago the English teacher who worked with her pupils made a great powerpoint about what they did in each workshop.
the 1st part of the ppt was about the tools used in class - the pupils had taken pictures then they had used dictionaries to find their names in English.
the 2nd part of the ppt was the description of what one can do with these tools... (grammar: CAN, CAN �T)
and I think the 3rd part - or maybe there was none and i thought about that myself since I was preparing the CAPES at the time... - was the description of the different steps to make a dress, a chair etc... (action verbs in the present simple or in the past simple depending it �s up to you, words like FIRST, THEN, FINALLY...)
i �m sure it was a lot of work because it �s not really the kind of vocabulary we use everyday but I remember my mum telling me how the pupils loved doing that...
I may be able to find the powerpoint if you �d like to see it... but i only have the section about my mum �s workshop...
hope it helped... (that �s the kind of work I would do if I had SEGPA)
Elodie

4 May 2013     

action18
France

Thank you Elodie for your quick answer . 
It could be interesting to have an other point of view of teaching specialized vocabulary because I think there aren �t enough works on building site on this site (joinery, painting, roofing, plumbing...)
 Thank you for your help and enjoy this beautiful week end. Wink

4 May 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

couldn �t find the powerpoint i �m sorry... i know my mum had send it to me but i i must have deleted the email... and i had saved it on my computer but it dates back to 2006 and i �ve changed computers since - my hard drive had crashed and i had no external hard drive back then...
my mum might still have it somewhere but i �m not sure... 
i �ll let you know...

4 May 2013     

action18
France

Don �t worry if you can �t find it. 

4 May 2013