Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help with a poem    

help with a poem

Hajerka
Tunisia

help with a poem

please can you provide me with some insights about the poem "snowing sometimes" by stanley plumpy, I  found it difficult that �s why I kept postponing it
Thank you so much in advance :)

22 May 2013      

mohamedthabet
Tunisia

Sorry, nobody seems to be able to help you. I personally couldn �t even find my old textbook to see whether this lesson is teachable.  I have also tried to find the poem online, but with no result, my attempt was futile. I am really sorry.

22 May 2013     

Hajerka
Tunisia

It �s OK Mr. Mohammed, I �ll try my best :)
thank you so much for your kind reply
I don �t know why they have chosen this poem, it �s difficult for teachers let alone for pupils, there are hundreds better poems

22 May 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

I have to admit that I had never heard of this poem before you mentioned it here. I don �t want to break copyright laws, so I won �t post it here, but for others who are interested in "Snowing, Sometimes" by Stanley Plumly, here �s a link. . Hajerka, is your problem with the metaphor, or with the vocabulary? Looking it over quickly for the first time, it seems that he is trying to capture the feeling that children have when it snows. Snow is wonderful and terrible at the same time. Snow creates a feeling of awe in children, in both the pleasurable and terrifying senses. Try reading the poem and visualize the words. Smell the smoke, see ice glinting, feel the cold, hear the maples in the wind. It �s very sensual.

22 May 2013