Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help needed - folktale    

Help needed - folktale

NanG
Argentina

Help needed - folktale

Hi everyone !

Maybe you heard about  the African tale of the girl who married a boa constrictor , and then it starts eating her, its acids deforms her and finally nobody wants to marry her again. It �s name is "Segi and the Boa Constrictor". It �s a Yoruba tale, an African folktale.

I �ve been trying to find the printed version or a summary but I �ve found nothing yet. 

Can anyone help me , please? ( It �s the third time I �ve posted a thread about it Unhappy  and I �ve received no answer yet) 

Please, please, please. Any ideas? I do need it.

Thanks a lot!

22 May 2013      

maceman
Canada

Hello NanG
You may find this link helpful to you. There is a summary about it. Sorry it �s so long.
http://books.google.ca/books?id=YsZBfcDv1UQC&pg=PA16&lpg=PA16&dq=Segi+and+the+Boa&source=bl&ots=xTjiablXEc&sig=BYjhZQi-i65JzhApkmS9LGv7M4g&hl=en&sa=X&ei=BumcUZmXCMqoywGWqoEg&sqi=2&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=Segi%20and%20the%20Boa&f=false

22 May 2013     

maryse pey�
France

http://www.sacred-texts.com/afr/yl/
I �ve found this link. May it help ?

22 May 2013     

NanG
Argentina

Thanks maceman & marys� pey� for sending the links.

I looked at the one you sent me, maceman,  and the story about the boa is totally different from the one I �m looking for.  Or...am I wrong? Did you read it or did you just see the title ? Does it go by any other name?

Anyway, I still don �t know what to do because I also need another African folktale and I can �t find it either. It �s called ( or it seems to be called) "Yonjwa Seeks a Wife".

I think I �ll keep on searching!!

Thanks a lot !! &  Warmest hug !!  =)

22 May 2013