Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > English Club    

English Club

lxthinh71
Vietnam

English Club

Dear my colleagues,

I am going to organize an English club for my students aged 18-22. The club will be for beginners. What activities are we going to do? Please help me with ideas, activities, suggestions.

Thanks a lot for your help!

22 May 2013      

basma zerelli
Tunisia

Hello,
I think you could prepare a magazine together( i myself prepared one with my pupils and it was successful as well as enjoyable).you might encourage them to write articles,design games,puzzles,draw pictures...

22 May 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

if they like music - and you �re quite musical yourself - you could organize a choir (like in Glee) and sing/learn songs in English...

23 May 2013     

s.lefevre
Brazil

You could organize dinner or tea parties. Each student prepares something typical for a meal.

23 May 2013     

alex1968
Greece

Get the students to make a list of their interests....things they �d be interested in learning about/ discussing.  Ask them which areas of their English they �d like to improve (e.g. speaking skills) and what they expect to achieve by attending the club (e.g. learn more collequial English etc).  This will help you choose materials.

I like the magazine idea that basma_zerelli suggested.  Also you could make comics.  Have a look here

Also you could use short videos and discuss them. You can find a lot of interesting ideas and short films & lesson plans here

Music is always a good idea. 

You might also consider a book club...reading adapted books and discussing them.

How about web-searches (if you have internet access) and presentations (by students)?

Why not prepare a play with your group?  I showed a short video to my pupils, then got them to write the dialogues etc & finally we acted it out.  It was good fun.

23 May 2013     

starovasnik.petra
Slovenia

I have also tried blogging, which is nice because they can practice reading and writing and you can post interesting links etc. and film-making this year (for example they make short films about a certain topic and then you can watch them together or use them as a way of revising etc.

I wish you best of luck :)

23 May 2013     

lxthinh71
Vietnam

Dear my colleagues,

Thank you very much for your interesting ideas and valuable advice.

25 May 2013