Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Good Puzzle for your students    

Good Puzzle for your students

gumby59
Hong Kong

Good Puzzle for your students

This is a puzzle I �ve used in many lessons to great effect in that it really gets the kids excited and engaged. Just write the following on the board:

There was a man who was born before his father, killed his mother and then married his sister.

All of the above is actually not sensational and is quite normal in fact and ask the kids to figure out why.

Send me a message if you would like the answer.

Cheers!

R. Nair

27 May 2013      

douglas
United States

Sounds like a Shakespeare play.   (Obviously the man was adopted)

28 May 2013     

Catalina Sorina
Romania

time?

28 May 2013     

almaz
United Kingdom

I have a cousin who married his sister. He �s married lots of people, in fact, but then he is a registrar.

28 May 2013     

gumby59
Hong Kong

The man was born before his father - the father was present during childbirth and the kid was born in front of him
(tricky preposition)

Killed his mother - she died after giving birth to him so he was the one who killed her technically.

Married his sister - he became a priest and presided over the ceremony.

28 May 2013