Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Lesson PLan    

Lesson PLan

Telita011
Argentina

Lesson PLan

hi everybody...!!! I need your help... I have to teach comparative and superlative but using the topic "technology". I have to plan 3 classes...can you give me some ideas?? I will appreciate them very much..!!Big smile

Smile thanks in advance !!!! Thumbs Up

28 May 2013      

douglas
United States

compare smart phones (i.e samsung galaxy 1vs3 or Iphone 1,2,3,4)

or televisions (tube, plasma, LED, LED)

or portable music (transistor radio, boombox, walkman cassette player, walkman cd, MP3 players, etc.)

telephones in general (original, corded, cordless, cellular,etc.)

You could start by telling stories from the past (i.e. losing a friend at Disneyland and searching for them for hours because there were no cell phones, etc.)
Discuss the advantages and disadvanatges of both the old and new technology (i.e boom boxes had better sound, but MP3 players are more portable and hold more music)..

29 May 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

you can also compare the gadgets from the past with the way they look/operate today

you can use phrases like 
as +adj + as 
not as + adj+ as
much + comparative + than
superlative + of all/in the world

Sophia

29 May 2013     

papadeli
Greece

Here are some pictures you could use...

Then vs now

1963-2013

picture 1

picture 2

picture 3

picture 4

picture 5

picture 6

picture 7

picture 8

picture 9

picture 10

picture 11

picture 12

Greetings from Greece,
papadeligames

29 May 2013     

Telita011
Argentina

thanks very much for your advice !!! I really appreciate them a lot..!!! I will put your ideas into practice !!! LOLBig smile

29 May 2013     

rossman
Peru

Hi everyone I would like to know where I can find strategies for teaching science to kids please between 6 to 8 science games lesson pleaseeeeeeeeeee

30 May 2013