Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > How to be a better Teacher?    

How to be a better Teacher?

A.jorayed
Saudi Arabia

How to be a better Teacher?

Hi

Teachers around the world ...you already knew that the best teacher is one who think that he must developing his skills  , his ways and  his methods...

so ..i need any that could help me ..(for ex .. class leader , class management , teaching method , expert teachers experiences , how to deal with children that have weakness, bad attitude . ) in general i need to train my self .explore new way new experiences ..

...give me please >>> link ..website ..videos ..you tube ..tell me about your ways your method ..your way in class management ..

thank you and  i will keep reading this post ..and use it as my guide ..as my friends gift to me >>>>>>> thank you and god bless you .

your friend :A.Jorayed      

17 Jun 2013      

yanogator
United States

In my opinion, A., it is most important to explain things well, which I am often complimented on here at ESLP and in my Math classrooms. In my 29 years of teaching various things (accordion, Math, ESL, computer use and software, international folk dancing, cooking), I have learned how to teach by listening to my students and their needs. This brings up the major point of sympathy. You have to care about the students to be a great teacher. I am always changing my methods, as I find better ways of explaining things.

There �s a foundation. I know that many of the fine teachers here will add a huge amount to this little offering.

Bruce

17 Jun 2013     

Apodo
Australia

Wise words, Bruce Smile

There have been lots of useful posts in reply to teachers asking for help. I did a Forum Search (Top of page under SITE SEARCH) using the term �Class management �.
This was the result, so you could find some useful tips here. You could try other search terms too.

18 Jun 2013     

maceman
Canada

Hello
I liked both Bruce �s and Apodo �s responses.
You may also find the discussion about what makes a great teacher at this link very interesting. It �s a panel interview of teachers who have received National Teachers Awards in Great Britain and Ontario, Canada. 
http://tvoparents.tvo.org/video/162386/what-makes-great-teachers-great
Its a little long but well worth it. The first three comments made were: to have a tremendous element of care for students; to get to know the students and to have a high degree of empathy.
I hope this helps you.
Have a great day

18 Jun 2013     

mohamedthabet
Tunisia

First, my acclamation is to Bruce, that Jack of all trades and who, I suppose, is a master of each.

Then I totally agree with the colleagues � insistence that a good teacher should always willingly adjust his teaching methods to his students level of proficiency and needs. I want to add, however, that in order for this teacher to meet his goal, which is that the learners do benefit from his teaching, (s)he needs to have a certain degree of mastery of the subject (s)he teaches.

And Bruce, the teacher of Maths, computer, English, and dancing,  does prove his mastery of English through his contributions. The picture shows he is skilled in playing accordion. What about the others? Bruce can tell us.Smile

18 Jun 2013     

yanogator
United States

Well, Mohamed, you can see some photos of me teaching dancing if you google my name Bruce Yanoshek. It doesn �t take much sorting to find them. One yields me in a very interesting costume, teaching a dance from the South Pacific.

Bruce

18 Jun 2013     

mohamedthabet
Tunisia

True Bruce,  you are a master of canoe dancing, too. Bunch of thanks to Carolyn for the pictures. If only they weren�t still, so that we could see the dancers while paddling.

18 Jun 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Oh Bruce, I am very impressed. I �ve always wondered about you and that accordion. I �d love to hear you play, but I couldn �t afford the fee! Any reductions for eslp members?Wink
Lynne

18 Jun 2013     

helena2009
Hungary

Dear A. Jorayed, When did you start teaching? I needed 5 years to creat my own style. I think I am not perfect at all, but I can see where my problems are. So I suppose time is what you need. H.

18 Jun 2013     

A.jorayed
Saudi Arabia

thank you yanogator  Bruce  .

wisdom words ...i will take it as my golden method ..

thanks i will search more and if you find any thing good ..think about me ..post it here .

thanks i will watch nothing is to long for learning new things ..respect.

4 years ...i have my own style ..but i don �t want to begin from 0 ..i want to learn from you and others ..to have strong effective way . i know i have problem so i search for help from friends ..i dont have to learn  on my student and i make mistake or too much of it ..to be better ..i know throw time i will correct my self ..i just want ideas and to have knowledge of other ways to use it in  every situations 

thanks

18 Jun 2013     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Sorry to put a damper on this lovely thread, mainly Bruce �s answer, but if you, A.Jorayed, state "I don �t have to learn on my student and I make mistake or too much of it" I can only advice to take a year or so off to reflect on your teaching. And while doing so, travel to an English speaking country to improve your English skills. No offence intended, but if you speak the way you write, it �s just some blunt advice. I �m like Bruce, teaching for 30 plus years in several subjects, and I �m still learning. It is my view that the only good teacher is the one that keeps learning, indeed, mainly by listening to his/her students. I also believe that you have to be willing to constantly improve. I �d like to think that a good teacher would refuse to pass on mistakes to his/her students. Last but not least, you won �t learn from others if you won �t learn at all. So, a good teaching style you may want to adopt is: watch me do it, do it together, do it by yourself. Maybe you could, while travelling volunteer at schools and start watching? You�re welcome in Australia. Cheers. Peter.

18 Jun 2013     

1    2    Next >