Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Anyone working at the British Council?    

Anyone working at the British Council?

hheyitsme
Tunisia

Anyone working at the British Council?

Hi folks!

This is the third time I am shortlisted for an interview with the BC. The first two times I blew my interviews because I used to work in a school whose standards are lower than the BC �s. One of the reasons I wasn �t accepted is "working together" criteria; the question was "can you give us a concrete example where you worked with your colleagues to make a project"

I used to work with my colleagues when one of us needs help with a small class activity or when s/he is short of ideas for this or that area topic, but projects.... I have no clue what this means... (btw, my school is teeny tiny)

Now that I am having an interview in a few days, I would love to be sure that I am nailing this one. My question is, if you are working or used to work in the BC, could you please tell me more about what they mean by the above question and how I can answer it??

I would appreciate any help suggestion.

Thanks in advance,

Sondes

25 Jun 2013      

douglas
United States

Have you collaborated for a school-wide function? Even if the school is "teeny-tiny"you explain it as a "school-wide" project involving all departments. 

25 Jun 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I know that, just like Ukraine, Tunisia is now part of eTwinning Plus programme. Have you done any international projects together with your colleagues? Maybe you were part of a Commenius project or something like that... BTW here �s the link if you �re interested http://plus.etwinning.net/en/pub/index.htm
Also British Council has another site for collaboration between schools http://schoolsonline.britishcouncil.org/

Have you ever organized an alphabet party or some other party with teachers and students in your school related to what you taught, some sort of celebration with presentations of some kind (songs, plays, etc.)? This can also be a good example of a short term project.

Sophia

25 Jun 2013     

yanogator
United States

As Douglas seems to be saying, anything you collaborated on could be considered to be a project. Think about the biggest joint effort you were in on, and word it carefully, so it can be called a project. I �m sure that what they �re looking for is your ability to work with your colleagues, so the cooperation is what you want to emphasize in your answer.

Bruce

25 Jun 2013