Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Great American English Pronunciation application    

Great American English Pronunciation application

douglas
United States

Thanks Sophia, nice resource (looks like it could be fun for the students).

25 Jun 2013     

lyny
Mexico

Who rules the "right" accent?

25 Jun 2013     

douglas
United States

lyny--I don �t think there is any "right" accent, but I don�t like when somone tries to deceive people for their own gain.  The site advertises learning to speak English "like an American", but apparently it has not yet been too successful for our salesperson above.

26 Jun 2013     

yanogator
United States

Douglas,
Unfortunately, I know quite a few of our contrymen who speak very much like the poster. I �m sure you do, too. Maybe that is what the course teaches, so people can fit in.

Bruce  Wink

26 Jun 2013     

daniel84
Canada

Hi people, I was away for a while..

@ Sophia: Your resources looks nice but unfortunately I saw much more serious teaching tools for English pronunciation..

@ lyny: Who rules the "right" accent? Well, it �s simple: the environment, where are you currently. If you are in UK then you will have British English, if you are in US then you will have English with American accent, if you are in India then you can have English with a lot of Indian accent which is not reduced.. In other words: there �s no right accent and nobody rules..

@ Douglas: "to deceive people for their own gain"?? If the sale of knowledge implies deception for you, then why there are schools and universities? Nobody is forced to use any kind of teaching tool, or go to school or to university.. It is all their own free will and hunger for knowledge..

The meaning of my first post was to represent one good tool which can crush barriers in the conversation of people who don �t speak English very well.. For me, clearly spoken words lead to a clear and understandable conversation!

28 Aug 2013     

< Previous   1    2