Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Second and last writing project: detective short stories by 8th graders! (year 3)    

Second and last writing project: detective short stories by 8th graders! (year 3)

firstime
France

Second and last writing project: detective short stories by 8th graders! (year 3)

Thanks again for your kind likes and comments on the 6th graders �s story!
If you have some spare time, please have a look at the detective stories written by my 8th graders: I, in fact, was totally amazed at what they achieved: this class really gave a hard time to all the teachers throughout the year, and I was really surprised at how involved they were in this writing project. I really had to imagine a lot of tricks to get them to work a bit at school, and almost stopped giving them homework since they never did it except for two girls. Unexpectedly, they wrote quality stories at the end of the year, that �s why I �ll once again ask for your back up, so they could see that their work is valuable (most of them have a low self-esteem).
So if you want to participate in their happiness, here �s the link to the stories:

I added a poll as well, and the winners will get a surprise on the last day of school! ;)

I hope you �ll enjoy reading their stories,
thanks in advance,

Clo�

25 Jun 2013      

pameladion24
Canada

Again good work! I hope your students get a lot of positive comments.

Naomi from Qc, Canada

25 Jun 2013     

maryse pey�
France

Done again and again with a funny (partly only, just a kind wink) comment. You are a GREAT teacher !

I would like all the students as motivated as yours !

Great reward you deserves ! Keep on like this, please.

Hugs.

Maryse.

25 Jun 2013     

anitarobi
Croatia

I just couldn �t vote. Need time to decide. But I left a comment. Wonderful work. Such difficult classes are usually fantastic once you risk such a project with them. Congrats, dear Cloe, you �ve done a wonderful job.

25 Jun 2013     

Montypython
France

That �s fabulous ! thank you for sharing !:)
I wrote a short coment yesterday & could vote :)
Marie

26 Jun 2013     

firstime
France

Thank you, guys!! :) They �ll love it!

26 Jun 2013     

anaisabel001
Spain

Great work! Congratulations !Thumbs Up
I �ve just voted !

26 Jun 2013     

stefemma
France

I �ve just voted!

What a great work! Clap

26 Jun 2013     

firstime
France

Thank you so much!! You guys rock! I can �t see many comments by people other than ESL teachers Tongue

26 Jun 2013     

alex1968
Greece

Congratulations to both you and your students!!!  Clap
I wish I could motivate my learners to write such detective storiesErmm  You obviously inspire and motivate your students!!!Thumbs Up
A colleague and I are thinking about setting up a regular book club at school next year.  Now you �ve given me the idea of making it into a book & writers � clubSmile

Hugs from Thessaloniki, Greece.
Alex

26 Jun 2013     

firstime
France

I really loved it and was amazed at what they could write! I �m sure this is going to be a wonderful experience for you as well. I look forward to reading your students � work, then, Alex! ;)

27 Jun 2013