Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day (WOD) 26 June 2013    

Word of the Day (WOD) 26 June 2013

douglas
United States

Word of the Day (WOD) 26 June 2013

Well, since the WOD seems to have slipped through the cracks, here is a new word to get it going again:

pogonip

I�m interested to see what you all come up with for this fun-to-say word. 

Remember the WOD is to stimulate creativity and maybe learn something in the process.  Please no dictionary definitions--anybody can do a Google search.  I want to hear your own creative/wacky definitions for pogonip.

Cheers,
Douglas

26 Jun 2013      

maryse pey�
France

Dear Douglas,

POsitively I GO for a NIP every afternoon from 2 to 2:30...

Happy Wednesday all.

26 Jun 2013     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

pogo - a traditional tribal dance - jumping up and down - in order to nip - taste the quality of the recent harvest wheat.

26 Jun 2013     

Zora
Canada

Pogonip is short for �People I am going for a nip � (meaning I am going for a drink).

26 Jun 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Well, a quick google reveals that POGO is actually the acronym for Project On Government Oversight (US).  Haha - I think every country needs a POGO so that  waste, fraud, and abuse by federal governments worldwide can be nipped in the bud

POGONIP = nip federal govt wastage in the bud by the famous POGO group

Staffer to Purchasing Officer - "what happened to the order for the you beaut $7,600 coffee maker that I lodged last month?"

Purchasing Officer - "sorry sir, it was POGOnipped!"

Cheers

Jayho

26 Jun 2013     

carlymloveland
Korea, South

Baby pogo stick... as in a nipper, pogo-nip for short. Big smile

26 Jun 2013     

yanogator
United States

Obviously, a Pogonip is when Walt Kelly �s comic strip possum has a bit to drink. Related words are Dagwoodnip, Charliebrownnip, Littlelulunip and Beetlebaileynip.

Bruce

26 Jun 2013     

sarguero
Spain

Pogo-nip a.k.a. "brave chest" was the seventh pharaoh of the pierced nipple dynasty. A "mummy" with two big gold nipple rings was found in his sarcophagus.

(Question: How do you translate the word mummy here?)   Evil Smile

26 Jun 2013     

pameladion24
Canada

It �s a teenage word! When they swipe their parents bank card.....trying to get money at the ATm machine.....Possible go nip number.....they try pogonip after pogonip.....

or is that just in french...numero identification personel....oops maybe what is a nip in English?

26 Jun 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

An injury from riding a pogo stick naked... in nippy (cold) weather!

26 Jun 2013