Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

Jayho
Australia

Word of the Day

everyone

Thank you MM. Golf is a game I hope to enjoy in my retirement. 

Here is your new word of the day - dysania - let �s see what you can do with it.

Cheers

Jayho

4 Jul 2013      

sarguero
Spain

Dysania: Mental disorder caused by a tremendous obsession about Lady Di �s life.

4 Jul 2013     

anaram
Spain

Psychological disorder which causes difficulty for social interaction with people called Anne.

It was first applied to Anne Boleyn. The first reference dates back to 1536 when Cromwell began to plot against Anne.

4 Jul 2013     

Evangelina Cifre
Argentina

The state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning.

4 Jul 2013     

pameladion24
Canada

Disruptive student insanity! When you come out of a difficult class many teachers suffer from dysania!

4 Jul 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

dys: wrong; an: article used before vowel sounds in English; -ia: condition. So dysania is the inability to use the article "an" correctly. Easy! (Since I judged the last contest, if my "daffynition" is selected, I will yield the prize to another player. I just wanted to play!)

4 Jul 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Hi everyone

Thanx for your definitions.

Being hooked on The Tudors my vote goes to Ana (anaram) for her reference to Anne Boyelyn.  Congrats Ana.

And the real definition ...

Cheers

Jayho

5 Jul 2013     

Mar0919
Mexico

Oops! I have that every morning!!!! Yay! Now I know I �m not lazy----I have DYSANIA!!! See, I �m sick, I can �t get up!!!! LOL!!! 

Greetings, all!!!!

Mar

6 Jul 2013