Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Stolen Work and Copyright Infringement    

Stolen Work and Copyright Infringement

Zora
Canada

Thank you Almaz and Sophia for your help, I �ll contact the others in the morning regarding what actions need to be done. And Manon, thanks, I �ve already contacted Suzana - I recognised her work right away.

8 Jul 2013     

Jayho
Australia

If it helps, this page gives his location so maybe some Argentinian members can help?

Location CABA, Buenos Aires, Argentina

He �s taken this one

from a member here, dreidteacher, who uploaded it in 2009

English worksheet: Main Idea cards

8 Jul 2013     

alien boy
Japan

You can find him on Facebook too - just look oin the left column.

http://teacherlingo.com/resources/hernangiannini/productlist.aspx

Just look up Tano Salvador on Facebook - he went to Pio XII University

He seems to have a lot of things available through Pinterest...

Some of our Argentine colleagues may be able to ascertain where he works through some of his postings & photos of his school...

Cheers,
AB

8 Jul 2013     

Zora
Canada

I have contacted the four others that had their work taken, Steve Esempare emailed me this morning and is really wanting to help out, so we need to get those members to send him the letter/email stating that the work is theirs and the corresponding links.

If anybody here knows these members personally or has their private emails, please tell them to log on to ESLPrintables as I �ve sent them the info they need to help stop this guy.

Linda

9 Jul 2013     

joy2bill
Australia

The interesting thing is that �this teacher � has created a front page with copyright writtn all over it. This message is on his page:
Copyright � 2013 Hernan Giannini All rights reserved by Author. This product is to be used by the purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the digital millennium copyright act (DMCA).

Interesting! keep up the sleuthing, all you great ESL Printables members!

9 Jul 2013     

David Lisgo
Japan

Thank you Linda for letting me know about this. I have just written to Steve at TeachersNotebook and yesterday I wrote to TeacherLingo and TeachersPayTeachers. So far no response. I really have no interest in making any money outside of Japan so I never seriously considered trying to sell my materials outside of Japan or on those sites. I must reconsider my position and see how best to protect my work in the future. What is the best way to proceed? (rhetorical)

9 Jul 2013     

Jayho
Australia

The minute you remove your work from here you �ve lost easy proof of copyright.  But, you could have it here as well as at those sites so that people who don �t want to contribute here can pay a nominal amount there.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to get onto the blog at teacher lingo, once you �ve joined, and alert others to your stolen work. You could even upload a few of the same so when there is a question of copyright you point out your work here with the original date (perhaps even refer to it as a free copy here in the description).  He �s only joined that site this year so anything you �ve got here and there that �s from last year of before, well you �ve got easy proof.

Cheers

Jayho

9 Jul 2013     

David Lisgo
Japan

Got a positive and very kind response from TeachersNotebook, had to spam TeacherLingo �s facebook page as they were not answering my email and still promoting the stolen work. Anyway they have promised to do something soon, which relly pleases me. Still nothing from Teacherspayteachers. I �m still astonished at how brazen Hernan Giannini, or whatever his name is, is. "Is,is", can we write that? When I get the time I may put lots of my stuff up on TeachersNotebook but it seems such a hassle at this time of my life. Thanks for everyone �s help. David

9 Jul 2013     

David Lisgo
Japan

TeachersNotebook: fast and active response with a sincere apology. 10 out of 10. TeacherLingo: didn �t respond quickly, in fact was actively promoting Hernan Giannini �s store after I complained. Started moving on it after I hit their facebook page and other members complained. Most materials have been removed but the job is not yet done. Teacherspayteachers: never responded to my complaint, so no apology though I see that all the stolen materials from ESLPs members seem to have been removed. I see that Hernan Giannini �s store remains open to business. Not impressed. Thanks to all who have helped and supported me and other members with this problem. Regards, David

10 Jul 2013     

< Previous   1    2