Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > re: Credits on worksheets    

re: Credits on worksheets

moses
Canada

re: Credits on worksheets

Hi

I am new on this site and have a question about the worksheets. Generally, in the schools I have taught, it is customary to include credits on worksheets that are created or adapted. Ie: "Created by M. Lam on July 2013" or "Created by ____ and adapted by ____".

On ESLPrintables, is there a convention for giving credits? 

I would search through the forums / faqs but this message board seems to be quite dated...

Thanks,
M

9 Jul 2013      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

dated?

There are no written rules as to credits in black and white. But there IS a rule which says your worksheets must be your own creations so you cannot upload adapted worksheets from someone else. You are allowed to adapt worksheets for your classroom use. Usually people who want the credit write their name on the worksheet, some people make worksheets uneditable so you can get they don �t want the content changed. By no means you are allowed to publish adapted worksheets elsewhere. The materials shared here are for your classroom use ONLY.
Users usually state the source of the article/text if they use/adapt it in their worksheet (you have to add your tasks though, it can �t be just text) However, you can �t use texts from esl sources in your contributions.
Also, you are allowed to use free cliparts but I suggest you check their terms of use as some people want credit for their work and ask for a link in the footnote.
I hope this is helpful...
Sophia

10 Jul 2013     

moses
Canada

Thanks Sophia

As to the "dated" comment, I was referring to the forums layout. Most are driven by a wordpress platform or something similar and quite easy to �search � and navigate. This one seems to be a bit archaic... but works nonetheless I suppose!

Mo

23 Jul 2013