Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Demo class    

Demo class

Bella29UMM
Mexico

Demo class

Hello Dear collegues! I need your help I �ve recently applied in a School as an ESL Teacher I was asked to prepare a demo class of the next topic "Talking about events" They didn �t give me details, level or the aim of the class Any suggestions? I don �t know where to start =( Thanks in advance

11 Jul 2013      

Bella29UMM
Mexico

I was thinking about a lesson on review of tenses What do you think?

11 Jul 2013     

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Hi. Asking them what they want is not a bad idea. If they say "please make it for any level", then make a definite decision about the level, and tell them clearly "I have made this for ...beginner... students" etc. "Events"? That is a little unclear. I guess they want "Christmas, Halloween, Thanks Giving" etc. You should start by planning the lesson and the level at the same time. Perhaps start with an introduction about one or two events, you could introduce that as a conversation between a "typical British person" and a "typical person from the students � country" for example. Then some simple Q+A (written on the activity sheet) about the topic you introduced. If necessary a review of the sentences (grammar) used in the introduction. Then a chance for the students to write (a little) and to speak about their own country �s events, and any "foreign" events that they know of. Maybe a light-weight quiz to finish, with some true/false questions about events around the world. You might find something on this site to download, but I don �t really download so I am not sure. Try a search. Hope that suggestion (and it is only a suggestion) helps.

12 Jul 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

in my understanding the things you mentioned, Matthew, like Christmas, etc. are celebrations and "events" are some planned public or social occasions... and if they meant "current events", it would be something altogether different... so I agree with Matthew, Bella, do ask them, it won �t hurt to clarify.
Sophia

12 Jul 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

If they won �t be more specific, Bella and I agree with the others, they really should - then I would base the lesson round using the past simple with something that has happened recently. Maybe Andy Murray winning Wimbledon? Something like that. Have a look at this site for some ideas. Then, make sure you differentiate.

12 Jul 2013