Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help    

Help

savvinka
Russian Federation

Help

Dear, friends,

could you please to find a minute to correct the dialogue?!

Johnsey:   Excuse me, all the tables are taken. Do you mind, if I sit here?

Sue:          Of course, not. I am by myself, I�d love company. Please, join me, take a sit.

Johnsey:  Thank you. My name is Johnsey.

Sue:          Hello, Johnsey, I�m Susan, friends call me Sue.

Johnsey:  This place is overcrowded. Do you often eat here? Is it always like that here?

Sue:         Yes, people like their cooking. I have lunch here almost every day, it�s the cheapest

cafe around in Greenwich Village. I  haven�t met you before .

Johnsey:  I am for the first time here, I have just come from California. It�s so very different

from home.

Sue:         I have never been to California. What part of it are  you from?

Johnsey:  I�m from a small town near San Francisco, Have you ever been to San Francisco?

Sue:          Never. I�d love to. Why did you come to New York.

Johnsey:  To work and study. I�m an artist. Or at least I�d like  to be. I want to find a job  in a

magazine. To illustrate articles or something like that.

Sue:          Oh, wonderful!I can�t believe it. I�m an artist too. Do you live  nearby?

Johnsey:  Not yet.I have just arrived and want to find a studio.  

The district attracts me by its low rents.

Sue.          Oh, listen, we may rent a joint studio for two. I have been staying in New York

only for a  month.  What do you think?

Johnsey:   I think, that�s a good idea.

I appreciate yr help very much.

Olga

17 Jul 2013      

Apodo
Australia

My suggestion:

Johnsey:   Excuse me, all the tables are taken. Do you mind if I sit here?

Sue:         No. Of course not. I �m by myself, I�d love company. Please, join me. Take a seat.

Johnsey:  Thank you. My name is Johnsey.

Sue:          Hello, Johnsey, I�m Susan, my friends call me Sue.

Johnsey:  This place is overcrowded. Do you often eat here? Is it always like this?

Sue:         Yes, people like their cooking. I have lunch here almost every day, it�s the cheapest

cafe around in Greenwich Village. I  haven�t seen you here before .

Johnsey:  I �m here for the first time. I �ve just come from California. It�s so very different  here.

Sue:         What part are  you from?

Johnsey:  I�m from a small town near San Francisco. Have you ever been to San Francisco?

Sue:          No. I�ve never been to California. I�d love to go though. Why did you come to New York?

Johnsey:  To work and study. I�m an artist. Or at least I�d like  to be. I want to find a job with a

magazine, to illustrate articles or something like that.

Sue:          Oh, wonderful! I can�t believe it. I�m an artist too. Do you live  nearby?

Johnsey: No, not yet.  I �ve been looking for a studio and this district seems to have low rents.

Sue.          LIsten. Maybe we could rent a joint studio for two.I �ve only been in New York for             a month and I �m looking for somewhere to live too. What do you think?

Johnsey:   I think, that�s a good idea.

17 Jul 2013     

savvinka
Russian Federation

Thank you, very much, Apodo, for your corrections!

17 Jul 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Just two more  little things: I �d say packed rather than overcrowded. And illustrating rather than to illustrate

But I �m often accused of over correcting...

17 Jul 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

I actually prefer "to illustrate" in this instance. It parallels "to find a job" nicely. "Packed" is more colloquial than overcrowded, but either is okay by me.  Just as an aside, "low rent" in Greenwich Village for a studio (one room plus bath) apartment would be about $2,000 a month! Anywhere in Manhattan is expensive! (Although the San Franciscan wouldn �t be too shocked; prices are through the roof there also.)

17 Jul 2013     

savvinka
Russian Federation

Moody Moody

Sue and Johnsy used to live in Grinwich Village at the beginning  of the previous century in O �Henry �s  story "The Last Leaf", so the rent was consirerably lower rather than today. :)))

Olga

18 Jul 2013