Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > William and Kate īs baby    

William and Kate īs baby

mourisca
Portugal

William and Kate īs baby

Meanwhile in London...

22 Jul 2013      

Peter Hardy
Australia

Please don īt make a fuss here about another baby in an overpopulated world. Not to forget there are already more than enough heirs to the throne. Let īs keep this place for the more important stuff, like English/ESL/EOL/TESOL etcetera. Cheers.

22 Jul 2013     

alexcure
Poland

Hmm, every baby is welcome in the world! The pic, even though a caricature, is connected with ESL teaching, some of us can use it in class for the British culture discussion on the Royal Family.... as I did today  (BTW thank you Vanda!!!)  I wouldn īt be so īhard � with Vanda īs post, Mr Hardy ;-).

22 Jul 2013     

Zora
Canada

I have to agree with Alex, the Royal family does have a lot to do with the English language. Thanks to their (royal) marriages with foreign thrones centuries ago, adventuring, colonizing and intermingling with other cultures; the English language would not be what it is today... and thanks to England countries (ex-colonies) like the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and countless others would probably not exist today... just remember, your country could have just as easily been discovered and colonized by the Spanish, French, Dutch or Portuguese!! Wink

22 Jul 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Mr Hardy, sir! You party pooper!

22 Jul 2013     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Dear Zora, The Dutch did discover Australia, New Zealand and many other countries long before the English. Without the Dutch, the Portuguese and the Spanish, Captain Cook would not have made it as far as he did. The only advantage (sic) the English had, was that they regarded everyone who wasn īt aristocratic as a criminal, good enough to inhabit the colonies. You know, those countries that were quite happy on their own, that were stolen in name of kings and queens. Know your history or simply look at the still existing consequences and you īd be in favour of a republic (Viva la France for that invention). Of course every baby is welcome in this world, Alex. It īs just a shame that some babies are costing taxpayers millions of pounds over their lifetime, or just to celebrate their birth, while others are left to suffer, even after a few hundred years of that wonderful colonisation. This all just to keep things in perspective. Hope you can still enjoy your party, Cunliffe.

22 Jul 2013     

alexcure
Poland

Bingo, Mr. Hardy! One of my students arrived at the same conclusion as yours, but such is the reality. Vanda īs post is signalising the Royal events.... No matter if we like it or not, it is happening and it īs a part of the īculture � we are to teach about. We don īt have to be in favour of it, of course. I agree with you that it IS a shame. We can pray for these poor little children in distress at least. 

22 Jul 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Botany Bay still rankles with you guys, eh? Wink I īm just hoping to be the first to get a worksheet uploaded with the royal news. I won īt hold my breath for you to download it, Peter.LOL 

22 Jul 2013     

Peter Hardy
Australia

No, not really, Cunliffe. But .... I love your quality worksheets. So, throw in a pussycat or two and who knows? We may use it to teach the pronouns he or she. Or the differences between advantaged and disadvantaged. My aboriginal kids will probably love it. Sweet dreams to all (or good morning :-)

22 Jul 2013     

almaz
United Kingdom

I have to agree with Peter here. It īs all bread and circuses, pap for the masses. The Royal Family is as much a part of my īculture � as David Cameron īs toothbrush - but marginally less useful. The current media frenzy is nothing short of appalling, given that the baby isn īt even born yet. 
Pass the sick-bag, Alice.

22 Jul 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I know; it īs ridiculous really. How can you justify having a monarch in this day and age. It īs an anachronism but at least everyone knows that. And there īll always be massive injustices - look at footballers � wages. We might as well welcome the little babby. I wouldn īt want to be born into that circus, would anyone? Sometimes these things do serve a purpose, though, maybe?They give a little warm glow in a sometimes nasty world. Possibly a sense of unity and belonging, a bit like going to church on Sunday. 

22 Jul 2013     

1    2    3    Next >