Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Make your textbooks interactive    

Make your textbooks interactive

rosesunrise65
Bulgaria

Make your textbooks interactive

http://blog.edu.glogster.com/2012/01/31/make-your-textbook-interactive-with-glogster-edu/

22 Jul 2013      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

for sharing this link!

22 Jul 2013     

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

I know a better way to make your text book interactive ... How about you actually read it WITH A TEACHER OR PARENT. Duh ... !!! Studies show retention on reading and study increases 50% when done with a teacher parent or guardian. Don �t know exactly what the �interactive � part is in this fruitless tine wasting link. It �s interaction with whom?

23 Jul 2013     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Well said, Darryl. The interactivity is similar to the so-called social media, which tend to turn most people anti-social. Typing away on their I-phones etcetera and incapable of having a conversation with a real person across the table. I use an Interactive whiteboard (lucky me) but never without my own involvement. I �ve seen kids working on the computer with so-called interactive software, but as Darryl noted, the kids seem to have fun, but the learning is less than expected or promised by the vendors. Nothing beats a real interaction with another human being, indeed.

23 Jul 2013     

rosesunrise65
Bulgaria

@darryl_cameron
You should be  kinder, study that please!
@
Peter Hardy
My students are not native English speakers. Some of their parents never know English. So, i made my paper textbooks to talk to my students at home, where nobody can help with speaking and reading English activities and they work good for them. Will be interesting for me to know how  you  bridge your classroom and  home activities. This is how i do that:
http://englishclassroombg.wikispaces.com/

23 Jul 2013     

DanielaA
Romania

Dear friends,
I think this is creative pedagogy at work in this day and age - the idea is fluent and flexible, original, and can be worked on.
Daniela Bunea.

23 Jul 2013     

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

"My students are not native English speakers. Some of their parents never know English. So, i made my paper textbooks to talk to my students at home" yes, yes, understood. I do think you are doing it wrong though. I always assume students will get no help at home and will .never give any material that has not been pre-taught or set out so clearly they need help to read it. In other words, the children should be revising and teaching their parents at home! Also, do all your students have access to use the electronic media? Take the case of my ex-school that set online reading programme as compulsory and worth 10% of the final English grade only to find less that 5 of the thirty in my class had access to a computer at home, only to spend their precious lunch times lining up to use the school library computers. Man! So angry! Just sayin � ... ! But yeah, I could have been more polite

24 Jul 2013     

rosesunrise65
Bulgaria

@darryl_cameron almost all my students have internet access at home and yes, they use all materials online which i have  prepared for them to make their homework faster and easier. From our Classroom wiki they access what they need. It cost to me 3-5 min  to explain and show in the beginning, sometimes i do some activities with kids in class to show them how to act with the wiki at home. And they do!
..........................................................................................................................
Here is an interactive lesson page. There are 5 links on the glog and 2 in comments which my students use successfully at home. Can you find them?
I noticed that you started nice behavior, go on!

http://ahelloenglish2.edu.glogster.com/unit-28/

24 Jul 2013     

rosesunrise65
Bulgaria

Thanks Daniela for the nice comment! :)

24 Jul 2013     

demil
Bulgaria

Great!

26 Jul 2013     

atlantic68
Bulgaria