Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Keeping witin the limit    

Keeping witin the limit

Lidiana73
Australia

Keeping witin the limit

Hi there everyone...firstly I just want to say to alien boy and others who gave me advice on how to reduce the size of the images on a game I have been working on. But the problem is it still is too big. I have reduced it greatly by at least 50% but it is still too big to upload. I saw that Pinky Makus managed to get 9 pages of quality images within the 300kb limit. I haven�t managed to get 5 pages within the limit. Can anyone help me. I�m also currently using an Italian version of Office 2003 and am completley lost!!!

29 Jan 2009      

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi,
I always use print screen, past it to Paint and save as jpge. Thiis reduces sometimes from 800kb to 60.

29 Jan 2009     

claudiaeusebio
Brazil

Hi  S. lefevre:)
I am honestly new to this reducing thing, but I have been able to get incredibly wonderful results by preparing all the activities using Publisher and then copying and pasting the work onto Microsoft Word. I don�t know what happens, but even using pictures and colors the size of the file is still far from the 300 kb limit. Hope it works for you:)

29 Jan 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Sorry I am still learning how to do this.  Gloria helped me with mine.  She actually did it for me and I love her for it.   I am still learning too.  I am so excited when I make something new, but troubles with file size can be really frustrating.

By the way, one of the programs she uses is Fireworks (I believe) I don�t remember the other one.  It might be Paint.

29 Jan 2009