Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > STOLEN WORKSHEETS AND PPTS    

STOLEN WORKSHEETS AND PPTS

ascincoquinas
Portugal

STOLEN WORKSHEETS AND PPTS

Dear ESLPRINTABLE members:

This subject has already been discussed here on the forum...
However, I would like to alert you that I have seen (let �s say.....) a few worksheets stolen from some of our colleagues and uploaded with a slight different layout on ISLCOLLECTIVES.

As you know it �s far more comfortable to download other people �s work without contributing... It �s sad, though!!! Cry

So please, all those who are also members of other sites, try to take a look and check if that is happening to you as well.

ascincoquinas

8 Aug 2013      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Yep, I saw one of my ws uploaded (without any changes) to islcollective before and I sent a pm to Peter, username Kisdobos (the webmaster), with the link to the original and he sorted it out.
It �s understandable (I mean I can see the reason why, but don �t take me wrong, I don �t justify it) why people do it here, they can �t download without points and to get them they upload other people �s work, but why on earth would they do it in ieslcollective where there is no point system and you can download freely whatever you needConfused beats me.

Sophia

8 Aug 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Sophia, that �s just what I was thinking. What have they got to gain??? As we say in Yorkshire, �There �s nowt as queer as folks. � (People can be very strange).

Lynne

8 Aug 2013     

looky
Thailand

Sophia It is just that you do such good worksheets darling

8 Aug 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I �ve had a good look at you looky. Include yourself, darling! �It �s just that WE do such good worksheets.�           

9 Aug 2013     

Kisdobos
Hungary

Dear All,

I �m Peter, co-founder of the sharing site iSLCollective.com, and a member of Eslprintables. We also do have copyright related incidents on our portal, albeit much less frequently as it happens on Eslprintables. As ueslteacher has pointed out, we don �t have a credit system, and any number of worksheets can be downloaded free of charge without having to contribute your own in return, so there lies no material benefits for members in uploading others � works. But why then?

In my experience of four years, such uploads are often motivated by a desire to share something they liked, while they fail to read our basic upload rules (Upload only your own creations!) and don �t understand what it means for an author to see their work redistributed without permission and/or attribution. (As an author, I know this feeling, too; I hate to see my "Koji teaches Prepositions" worksheets resurface on other websites without me being credited for creating either the character or the worksheets. While I allow anyone to redistribute any of my work (licensed under a very broad Creative Commons license on iSLCollective.com), I insist on being named as the author.  These colleagues don �t understand that re-uplading something is a whole different ballgame than linking to it like we do on Facebook. On many occasions, when I talk to these people, they apologize, and said they hadn �t been clear about the rules, and then I don �t have a problem with them again.

Like I said before, we do have infringement cases, too, but there is a Report copied button on each worksheet page. Our first
line of defense is that after the second report submitted, the worksheet is put on "standby", and the download button disappears, so it cannot be downloaded while we investigate the report. We do take reports very seriously and strive to react promptly in each case: we investigate it, then delete the worksheet if justified. Actually, not "we", but rather "me". Since we get relatively few reports, once or twice a week, I �m the only person validating the reports. Should we have more cases in the future, I will be ready to involve other members in addressing such incidents.

Anyways, "More eyes see more" as we say in Hungarian. So I also encourage you to surf and browse en.islcollective.com, and if you see any of your own worksheets uploaded, please send me a worksheet report, and I will sort it out. Also, you may want to check out the latest developments including a new design that we rolled out on the site a few days ago.

Bless up,
Peter

9 Aug 2013     

looky
Thailand

This subject becomes so boring and I for one think that it is sad that people steal worksheets. i have been pulled up for watermarks on my contributions but that is not so bad as the worksheet itself was made with all the best intentions. i later made the worksheet again which was not too much trouble. i think if someone steals a worksheet they should be banned from the site but given the chance to make amends by producing a worksheet of their own and giving it for free. Depending on the severity of the crime as they say,maybe more than one. My self i would be happy to see that. What do you think? 

13 Aug 2013