Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Can you help me?    

Can you help me?

lexxa
Russian Federation

Can you help me?

Hello everyone.

I�m preparing a lesson on critical thinking on the topic �Home.Sweet Home�. Does anyone have a �for and against� text (not long and for pre-intermediate level) with both points present in the text.

Thanks in advance

29 Jan 2009      

libertybelle
United States

For or against Home Sweet Home?
What kind of debate is that???

Bruce Springsteen has a lot of lyrics about this topic.
But as for a pro and con topic - I have no idea.
L

29 Jan 2009     

lexxa
Russian Federation

Well the thing is during a lesson of critical thinking students are given text on the topic with both points (for and against) and they have to decide what point to choose according to their perception. For example, there was a text about Christopher Columbus and his discovery. Was is a good or bad thing to open America? For instance, he brought potatoes, tobacco to the world but at the same time lots os ideans were killed after the discovery. So something of the kind

29 Jan 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

These links hopefully have some materials which you can use to design you lesson and content.

29 Jan 2009