Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > freedom and democracy    

freedom and democracy

abo kerdan
Egypt

freedom and democracy

Dear colleagues:

I �d like to say that we have regained our freedom in Egypt.Now ,we can live as humans not as slaves for a particular group ,there �s no military coup in Egypt,but our great army has retained out dignity to live as humans, We really respect and appreciate our great army,there aren �t any offensive reactions towards the civilians by the police or the army.We �ll struggle behind our  police and army,we will struggle against terrorism

16 Aug 2013      

Peter Hardy
Australia

Wow, and you think Adel should be ashamed of being Egyptian? We only see what happens on TV, and who is killing who is beyond my comprehension, let alone me to give an opinion on. My heart goes out to the innocent. Sadly, teaching different people (adult refugees) from the Middle East, the violence spilled over into my classroom. In short, the respect for each other was nowhere to be found, and there is no dignity in any kind of fighting. So instead of praising whomever carries the guns, maybe we could share ideas how to prevent such situations affecting our classrooms.

17 Aug 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Peter, my take on this is that Abo was just expressing an alternate point of view to Adel (a few posts further down the page). I agree with you however, that we on here should stick to what goes on in our classrooms and education in general, not politics. if we allow political comment on here, we will all surely fall out with each other. 
Lynne 

17 Aug 2013     

Peter Hardy
Australia

I agree, Cunliffe. It felt to political to me, too. Hence my reaction. So herewith an invitation to all, on how to prevent any effects or maybe how to discuss such news in our classrooms. I was at a loss.

17 Aug 2013     

karagozian
France

I went to Egypt in 76. It was heaven on earth or almost. At least for us and the well to do. We could go almost anywhere except to war zones which we did anyway and were stopped by the police or military. They were very nice and patient with us young unconscious and curuious Westerners and drove us back from Alexandria to Cario. I have fabulous memories from that country which had not been yet polluted by too much stupid and arrogant toursm.
If I remember we �ll we �been fed with the anti Vietnam war songs.does anyone remember or know Bob Dylan �s famous "with God on our side"? And later so many songs suggested or told us not to listen to those politicians. 
I also so do hope that this country will be able to get out of this turmoil and people will be able to sit back at the table of brotherhood. 
Wars only too often kill innocents

18 Aug 2013     

karagozian
France

Read "we had been fed"

18 Aug 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I would say that wars always kill innocents, but do they sometimes have to be fought? Is turmoil, disagreement, fighting etc, part of the human condition? Will there always be aggressors and should they be challenged, or should they be allowed to get on with it? Does religion cause many of these conflicts? This forum isn�t the place to debate individual cases, but here are some general questions, on what is Sunday morning in the UK. 

18 Aug 2013     

chahdouda
Tunisia

What you are saying is disgusting! Shame on you and your criminal army!

18 Aug 2013     

oumsalsabil
Algeria

I want everybody to watch the following video and judge by him/herself if this is really a great army that SHOULD BE RESPECTED AND APPRECIATED as our colleague ABO is saying. As PETER HARDY has said: We only see what happens on TV, and who is killing who?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfwHhfQEzyM

18 Aug 2013