Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Private tutors in Spain    

Private tutors in Spain

paugaliza
Spain

Private tutors in Spain

Dear tutors,

I would like to know how much you usually charge for an hour one-to-one lesson. Do you fix different prices according to the students� age? I teach children, teenagers and adults, and I am considering setting a monthly price because some of them cancel their lessons in the last minute and I sometimes lose money. I would also like to teach some lessons in pairs or in small groups, and I would appreciate your advice on this matter.

You can send me a private message.

Thank you in advance.

17 Aug 2013      

tashaleks
Spain

Hi,

I normally charge 15� an hour. 

Although I like your idea of it being monthly because they do have a habit of cancelling last minute!

I am interested in other answers too if anybody is willing to share publicly. 

Tash

18 Aug 2013     

paugaliza
Spain

Hi Tash!

Thank you for your answer. I used to teach in a state school in the UK, and I don �t really know how much Spanish teachers charge for private lessons.

Let �s see what people say!

18 Aug 2013     

nosolohoy
Spain

Hello Pay, it depends on the province... In Madrid, I charge 20 eur an hour because I go to their homes, in Asturias, my sister charges 15 and she goes to their homes as well, but it depends on the offer / demand market. Have a look at donprofesor.com, profesorparticular.com and check the prices on your city or town to try to ask for a fair price.

I agree with you that you lose money when they cancel on the last minute, this is something that really pisses me off and I dropped a few of my students because of that, I cannot keep an hour booked for them and they cancel every other day, sometimes they did not even tell me that the lesson was cancelled until I went to their home...

18 Aug 2013     

nosolohoy
Spain

Sorry I meant to say pau no Pay...

18 Aug 2013     

paugaliza
Spain

Thank you for your answer! It �s really annoying when they cancel the lesson without notice. 
I am currently living in Galicia and the prices here might be lower than in Madrid.

Do you fix a monthly price?

18 Aug 2013