Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Open Class    

Open Class

solramis
Argentina

Open Class

Hi! I need your help/inspiration. I have to prepare an "open class" (parents come 30�min to see the kids in action, jeje) I have to prepare an activity for my students where they can show how much they are learning! (they are 8-9 years old, it�s their second year learning English) 
Do you have any idea of speaking activities that might work.
Thanks a million!
Sol

29 Aug 2013      

bambarek
Morocco

a play will work well.

29 Aug 2013     

sandrami60
Colombia

A presentation with puppets. 

29 Aug 2013     

anitarobi
Croatia

It �s really nice if you have time to prepare a play. I often write and prepare plays with my sts, especially when I can somehow insert songs and rhymes we did in class with them. I don �t know which materials you �ve covered with them, but feel free to preview these plays if you wish: The Squirrel Story, The Ugly Duckling, The Little Indian Boy �s Adventure, The Big Green Monster. They �re all editable, so you can shorten them, add characters, change songs, etc. I �ve used them all and they all worked well. Even if you have to whisper the lines to the kids (stagefright, you know), they �re so proud to do it, esp if you have props and costumes. It �s a memory for lifetime, for both the kids and their parents.

30 Aug 2013     

solramis
Argentina

Thanks! great ideas :)

30 Aug 2013