Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > private student - crane operator    

private student - crane operator

morganalin
Portugal

private student - crane operator

Hello dear collegaues, I need your help

I give private lessons to a man who is a crane operator and he is looking for specific english vocabulary related to his job but I have no idea where to find such a thing!!! Can you help and post your suggestions??

I really appreciate your help

Thanks a lot in advance

5 Sep 2013      

MoodyMoody
United States

I don �t know how much help these websites will be. They are English-only, not English-Portuguese. But here they are:

This shows hand signals, with which your student may already be familiar.

This comes from an English-language website from a Chinese crane company.

5 Sep 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

I had a similar situation here in Singapore. I had a 25 year old man from mainland China, who worked here on a construction site. He needed conversational English, but also vocabulary pertaining to tools and jobs on his worksite.

He would take pictures with his phone on the site, and then come in and we �d discuss their name in English. I have done some construction in my younger days, so i �m familiar with many tools, or we often would do internet searches together. But some I had no clue about a tool, or wasn �t sure what they were called locally (as I was only familiar with the American name). In that case he would ask his supervisor, and write it down, then bring it back to me. We developed a set of vocabulary cards that allowed him to practice with me.

I found this fairly effective. Hope it gives you something to work with. Best of luck to you.

5 Sep 2013     

sebs29
Colombia

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=716346#thetop PPE technical English. I have more material if needed.

5 Sep 2013     

douglas
United States

Hello Morgana,

This may help:

Douglas

6 Sep 2013