Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Teaching Methods    

Teaching Methods

hussamk2000
Yemen

Teaching Methods

Hello my colleagues,

Can you help me to find out the best method of teaching:

1- Dialogues

2- Reading text

6 Sep 2013      

Gataferrugem
Portugal

Good afternoon, Dear teachers does anyone have a written project on teaching English to children in preschool/kindergarden? The advantages, typology of classes that benefits child education, etc? Thanks

6 Sep 2013     

PaulG
Costa Rica

I �m not sure about dialogues, but for reading texts I like to use a technique called popcorn. So lets say that in your class you have a Sally, a Mary, a David and a Daniel. So Sally starts reading. When she gets tired of reading, at any time, she says "popcorn ____". After popcorn she can say Mary, David, or Daniel. For example, "popcorn, David", so David has to start reading. 

About dialogues, what do you mean? Like for them to create a dialogue?

6 Sep 2013     

Doot
Canada

Love the. popcorn idea.  Thanks!

As for dalogues Reader �s Theatre is very popular these days.

7 Sep 2013     

Zdenda
Czech Republic

Reading is a tricky thing to teach in class. I have used a method similar to the popcorn idea above but it is questionable whether the students understand the text when they read it aloud.
I personally believe that reading can be learned only if you read a lot. That was why I created my site with graded readers. They are free and you can use them in any way you like.

7 Sep 2013     

Mariethe House
France

zdenda: your work is GREAT!!Clap Do you do the drawings yourself ? What a lot of work! Excellent ! And thank you so much! Will recomend your site to younger colleagues.

8 Sep 2013